What's Spinning

The Bud Powell Trio – Bud Powell Trio (Royal Roost/Vogue, 1952 First UK Mono 10” Pressing)

This album was originally released on 'Royal Roost', but I have always found the illustration on this UK copy to be incredibly interesting. Kind of like a cut away from a below-the-piano perspective.

IMG_7432.JPG

The Jazz Couriers With Ronnie Scott And Tubby Hayes - In Concert (Tempo, 1958 First Mono Pressing)

This is an absolutely blinding live album recorded at the Dominion Theatre here in London. The Couriers were actually touring as a support act for The Dave Brubeck Quartet. Most of the time the support act would get lightly heckled, with audience members hoping to get the main act on early. In this case the crowd cheered for the Couriers to stay on and afterwards Brubeck said 'They sound more like an American group than most American groups do!'. Heres also an extract from a copy of the tour brochure I found a few months back.
IMG_7451.JPG
IMG_5301.JPG

Jade Imagine - Basic Love
FB2e2aQ.jpg

Another delightful Milk Records import.

Paul McCartney & Wings - Band on the Run

E56CCE94-6077-42A3-8334-9A5938D5DF74.jpegThere’s a podcast of a comedian and guest going deep into the Rolling Stone top 500 list, each album getting an hour plus episode. The guest for Band on the Run was Reggie Watts, highly recommended (although the host takes a bit getting used to) Loved hearing all the memories of this album, my favorite of Wings.

Back