What's Spinning

aby0fIR.jpg

Cross post from the June challenge thread.

I officially cancelled my subscription earlier. I was going to hold out for Outkast in June but it's just not worth it. Better to cut all ties now.
I've thought about it, but I still think they do a good job with the monthly releases. I joined to get 1 record a month so I can be introduced to music I probably wouldn't buy on my own, so it feels like I'm going back to that. I slowed down on my exclusive buying and have only gotten the 2 tracks I'm on for the last 2 months...I do have a couple exclusives coming next month, tho.

If they start to move their emphasis more to the bougie hipster elite box sets then I'll be out. I'll give it through the summer and see what this "pause" is for.

If you missed my status update last week I gave this more thought and decided to end my VMP membership...swapping to get the Outkast and then getting it when others that sub to that track are getting it late was the last straw. I feel like shit that I'm getting it before anyone - and I don't like when a company makes me feel like shit.

My 3 month payment kicked in on the 1st, so I think I'm subbed on only the Essential track til August.

I use this forum and all of you to assist in curating releases more than they did...and I think they really feed on the FOMO way too much. I think this will save me some money in the long run.

Although...I did just drop 120 bucks over at Waxwork Records for the 3 Rob Zombie movie soundtracks this morning.

If you missed my status update last week I gave this more thought and decided to end my VMP membership...swapping to get the Outkast and then getting it when others that sub to that track are getting it late was the last straw. I feel like shit that I'm getting it before anyone - and I don't like when a company makes me feel like shit.

My 3 month payment kicked in on the 1st, so I think I'm subbed on only the Essential track til August.

I use this forum and all of you to assist in curating releases more than they did...and I think they really feed on the FOMO way too much. I think this will save me some money in the long run.

Although...I did just drop 120 bucks over at Waxwork Records for the 3 Rob Zombie movie soundtracks this morning.
Those Zombie soundtracks do look very cool. And I had no idea a third movie was coming!

Holy shit I almost swapped this...

View attachment 6155

This is fantastic! and it sounds do good! her voice sounds both really personal and really spacious with all that reverb. I wonder where this was recorded. I love it!

I had been begging for one of her albums years ago. They gave us "Live in 1960" which was honestly pretty bad and not a good representation of her talent. This is what I had in mind. I'm looking forward to my copy thanks to a member here.

If the the album she did with Little Richard gets a re press, that one is a winner too.

I had been begging for one of her albums years ago. They gave us "Live in 1960" which was honestly pretty bad and not a good representation of her talent. This is what I had in mind. I'm looking forward to my copy thanks to a member here.

If the the album she did with Little Richard gets a re press, that one is a winner too.

Yeah man! I was a little turned off by the "gospel" thing, just not my usual genre, but decided to give it a go anyway. Glad I did, the recording is great and the songs themselves are really nice. She shreds in a few places, her voice sounds good, and the record is upbeat start to finish. I'll keep an eye out for anything else they do by her.

Back