What's Spinning

This is great to hear. I'll probably always been preferential to Fillmore East but this release really interested me.
Fillmore East is great (as is Massey Hall @dhodo - which is probably the best Neil pressing I own)... full disclosure Time Fades Away isn’t just my favorite Neil live album, it’s my favorite album by him period. This is clearly that line right between the beautiful voiced Neil of his first few albums and the Neil we know today.

Fumio Itabashi Trio ‎– Rise and Shine - Live at the Aketa's (Studio Mule 2019 Reissue)

This album is a pure killer. The last track just blew me away, its so so so good. I find myself having a strange/worrying cycle of always playing a Fumio Itabashi record on a friday night jusssst after I've hit the sweet 'one too many' spot. Tonight was bloody marys because for some reason there was a bottle of tomato juice in the fridge. Anyway, less waffling more musicing.

Have a great night team.

State Champion - Stale Champagne
Their latest one had gotten lots of press including an 8 point something from Pitchfork. This is from 2009 and I'd highly recommend it to anyone who loves ramshackle alt country tinged with a garage aesthetic. If you ever listened to Sweetheart of the Rodeo in a basement while drinking original formula Four Loko, this is the album for you.

The Rolling Stones ‎– Tattoo You
Rolling Stones Records ‎– COC 16052, 1981

Cut by Robert Ludwig at Masterdisk
Pressed at Allied

bB9uAq.jpg

svzwWU.jpg

Steve Albini's short lived (Just 1 EP and Album) band between Big Black and Shellac...named after the Japanese Manga comic.

Rapeman ‎– Two Nuns And A Pack Mule
Touch And Go ‎– T&GLP#36, 1988

DMM Cut at Europadisk

OYxvw6.jpg

TlrTQf.jpg

Here's the opening track...

Albini wasn’t exactly subtle with his band names (other than Shellac I guess :) )

Back