What's Spinning

Essentially the first real "Hip-Hop" release to come out of New Orleans. 1983, produced at Allen Toussaint's infamous Sea-Saint Studios.

I personally give the real claim to fame to Gregory D & The Ninja Crew in'86 for making it a true cultural phenomenon and getting signed to a fairly large label; and then at that same time you had Mannie Fresh, Mia X and a few others calling themselves NYC Incorporated in the middle of New Orleans, and eventually Gregory D and Mannie would go on to collaborate for the 4 albums that would really start all of New Orleans rap trajectory.

IMG_5360 - Copy.jpg
^ Look up Senator Jones on discogs and you will see his soul production discography is damn near impeccable.
IMG_5361.jpg

So I streamed this at work today and it's fantastic. I was going to head over to Soho to pick it up but knew I would end up spending more than I needed to. Thoroughly regret not going now.

I know it’s nice to buy local but, Amazon UK are amazingly 15% cheaper and can get it to you tomorrow if you’re Primed. Just saying :whistle:

I know it’s nice to buy local but, Amazon UK are amazingly 15% cheaper and can get it to you tomorrow if you’re Primed. Just saying :whistle:
Mr Moore right now
giphy.gif

and who am I to turn that down.......

Cheers @Mr Moore!

Sting ~ Bring on the Night

One of my favorite live albums - recorded on the Dream of the Blue Turtles tour it's got Sting w/ a great band, including Kenny Kirkland & Branford Marsalis. Some really great tracks on this, including a jazzed up Bring on the Night --> When the World is Running Down and Dream of the Blue Turtles --> Demolition Man.

Back