Foo Fighters ‎– In Your Honor
RCA/Roswell Records ‎– 82876 68038-1, 2005

4xLP, 45 RPM, Box Set

DMM cut by Steve Berson
DMM cut and pressed at Europadisk

cRZNhm.jpg

rHw3Ir.jpg

Bob Dylan - Rough and Rowdy Ways

Finally getting to listen to this after finding out yesterday that the vinyl wasn't out yet and then software issues with my little pi streamer. We’re all back in action now and this is great!

E525CB45-32B8-42BD-A284-1A904593934B.png

Last edited:
The agutierrezb 2019 record collection challenge

So I've decided to embark on my own personal challenge, which consists of listening every record in my collection before the end of the year. My record collection is not that big -only ~250-, but I still feel like there are a bunch of records I don't give enough attention to, while still adding more titles to my shelves.

For this reason I've set a couple of rules in order to play every record at least once before December 31st: I'll play at least one record a day, going from front to back in the way I have them sorted in my shelf. I can play a different record (i.e. Not the next one in alphabetical order) if I feel like listening to something else in any given moment, but at least one of the records I spin in the day has to be the LP in turn.

I didn't take pictures for the first two days, but I'll try to document the process from here on, so I'll be posting daily on this thread. Wish me luck!
#223: Miguel Ríos - Rock and Ríos

#224: Miguel Ríos - El Año del Cometa

IMG_20200618_062210.jpg

This record is very dear to me because it is tied to both my mother and my girlfriend.

My mom used to talk about how this record was one of her most listened during the year she met my dad. I remember going to second hand record stores with her looking for a copy on CD. At the end, we found a cassette copy and someone transferred it over to a CD.

Miguel Ríos was born in the same city as my girlfriend, but he left the city when he was a teenager in order to chase his dreams of being a musician. The last song on this album is called "Adiós Granada", which translates as "Farewell Granada", and it is a song where he waives the city goodbye as he leaves for Madrid. My girlfriend left her city too, and shares the sentiment Rios describes here: she knows she will be back, but she will have lost her "rule" (That's the metaphor used by Rios) over the city.

Eric Dolphy ‎– Out There (Prestige, 2019 VMP Exclusive pressing, No. 103/500)

Happy Birthday Eric Dolphy. He would have been 92 today. His death was far too soon and yet again could of been avoided had prejudice not been a factor. He had undiagnosed diabetes (he didn't know anything was wrong) and fell into a diabetic coma during the Berlin leg of his European tour. A single shot of insulin would have saved his life but instead, the hospital staff assumed he was a drug addict that was high.

I also made an instagram post here!

IMG_8557.JPG

Back