What's Spinning

Is this the first time you’ve been able spin all your 2020 favourites?
Yes! I'm still waiting on Sawayama to get here, but I was excited to finally be able to spin Future Nostalgia and Heaven to a Tortured Mind, and thankfully all the pressings sound great. I've been working through stacks of fresh grabs of the past few months I'm getting to spin for the first time mixed with whatever I'm itching to listen to at the moment. I forgot how much I loved spinning records 🤗

Terumasa Hino - Taro's Mood (Enja Records, 1973 First Pressing)

I've been listening to a lot of live jazz recordings lately (mainly the Enja and Steeplechase releases) and this one one which I bought really cheap a while ago. Its fantastic, really energetic at times but also really gentle at others. It was recorded live at the jazzclub Domicile in Münich, June 29th 1973. @Skalap this might be a good one for you to look into (does it count as j-jazz if it was recorded in Germany? :ROFLMAO:)

IMG_7897.JPG

Terumasa Hino - Taro's Mood (Enja Records, 1973 First Pressing)

I've been listening to a lot of live jazz recordings lately (mainly the Enja and Steeplechase releases) and this one one which I bought really cheap a while ago. Its fantastic, really energetic at times but also really gentle at others. It was recorded live at the jazzclub Domicile in Münich, June 29th 1973. @Skalap this might be a good one for you to look into (does it count as j-jazz if it was recorded in Germany? :ROFLMAO:)

View attachment 51111

Four Hino's will be reissued on June 2 for French RSD. And yes it counts as J-Jazz, even if there is no OBI. Jokes aside, IIRC Yosuke Yamashita recorded a few albums for Enja.

The Original Dixieland Jazz Band - The London Recordings (World Records, 1974 UK pressing)

Recordings from the bands trip to London (via Liverpool) in 1919. I'm not a huge fan of Dixieland, but I was recently reading about the ODJB in Ted Gioia's behemoth 'The History Of Jazz' book and decided to get this one out.

IMG_7903.PNG

Back