What's Spinning

It'll be difficult to unseat this as my aoty, I'm way too attached to this one I think.
That's in no small part due to seeing his performance at the Ann Arbor Folk Fest in February. It was beautiful and gut wrenching...just him and his guitar. He broke down while talking about Richard Swift and during his last song, Rush On.

This album is a such a great follow up to and departure from Tearing at the Seams, which I absolutely loved.

View attachment 50986

I absolutely love Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats, but this one didn't really catch my attention when I listened to it. After reading this description though I'll have to give it some more listens!

Last edited:
I absolutely love Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats but, this one didn't really catch my attention when I listened to it. After reading this description though I'll have to give it some more listens!

I feel like this one took awhile for me to love, since it was so different than his work with the Night Sweats. But Nate always gets my attention with his lyrics and this is no exception.

Back