What's Spinning

The Third Wave ‎– Here And Now (Crippled Dick Hot Wax!, 1999 Limited Pressing)

The third wave was a discovery I made years ago and they are just fantastic. They were a group of Filipino sisters who travelled to Germany in 1970 (sponsored by George Duke) and recorded just 1 album and a 7" before disappearing from the music scene forever. The music is funky, catchy, and jazzy. This limited album reissue was released in 1990 and includes a detailed set of liner notes. In the photo, I have also included my original copy of their album and 7" (which was the most expensive record I owned for quite a while).

IMG_7084.JPG

Khruangbin - Con Todo El Mundo

Second play of the day. I love everything this band touches and this is no exception. Chill vibes with a streak of adventure looking toward the horizon.

Low light photos because listening as the sun sets 🌅

20200519_205802-01.jpeg
20200519_205710-01.jpeg

Various ‎– The Music Of Red Dead Redemption II (Original Score)

wp2xbjgm.jpg

wpm1kts.jpg
How is this? I’ve got the album with all the songs on it, but I’m swithering about this one.

Sounded great to me! Mix of adventurous, daring and tense Western themes as you progress through it. Some with more depth, some more subtle. Very enjoyable to let play I'd say.
My wife was obsessed with the game (+95% completed twice!) so I may get this as a gift at some point. The songs from album is great if you fancy adding to your collection!

My wife was obsessed with the game (+95% completed twice!) so I may get this as a gift at some point. The songs from album is great if you fancy adding to your collection!
It's a fantastic game so I can definitely appreciate why! The first was equally great. That sounds like a wonderful gift, especially if she struck a chord with it. I will definitely look out for that too, would certainly be good to have both, thank you! 🤠🐎

Don Byrd & Gigi Gryce - Modern Jazz Perspective (Columbia, 1957 First Mono Pressing)

This is a crazy good record with a killer line-up. In the mid-1950's Donald Byrd (written as Don here) and Gigi Gryce formed the informal Jazz Lab (they also used the name for an album the same year as this one) to test different styles and combinations. While this date is primarily a hard bop session, theres also vocal jazz from Jackie Paris, and a gospel type number which includes a banjo section. Really cool stuff, especially for the £8 I paid for it.

IMG_7086.JPG

Back