What's Spinning

So thanks to Yoko kitchen and dining room cleaned , so whilst waiting for floors to dry a bit of box set time ...

Bob Dylan “Biograph” 1985

So this was the daddy back in the day ..a lot of box sets starting hitting in the mid 80s as CDs took hold and reissues abounded , the box set was a bit of a status thing , and done well often gave some unreleased stuff and an attempt at a career overview , whilst reminding us that although their current stuff may not have been hitting the heights , this is what they were capable off ..certainly both Dylan and Clapton got a leg up after releasing their sets and by the end of the 80’s Oh Mercy and Journeyman came along to rank alongside past glories

C28EF34F-B1D9-4C1A-A6B0-A4DA041BD0B0.jpeg1261E4DC-0867-4BB0-B5BB-DF1D8D503918.jpeg

They’re reissuing them again? They only did the whole catalogue a few years back and they weren’t limited presses, I thought they were all still in print!
Yep , Closer On Clear Vinyl to go with the red Unknown Pleasures last year ..3 12inch singles too..hopefully still and Substance will get the colour treatment in the future too

Yep , Closer On Clear Vinyl to go with the red Unknown Pleasures last year ..3 12inch singles too..hopefully still and Substance will get the colour treatment in the future too

Ah right just a 40th Anniversary Colour press of one of them, still the same master. I’m happy enough with the black vinyl ones I bought, colour can nice but is not essential.

Ken Thorne ‎– Superman II (Original Soundtrack)
Warner Bros. Records ‎– HS 3505, 1981

Laser etched on both sides.

Pressed at Wakefield Manufacturing

42TszP.jpg

8VYRQm.jpg

I'm still surprised that this laser etching hasn't really caught on as another gimmick to go along with colored vinyl.

N6Oi2K.jpg

Back