What's Spinning

Ill Considered ‎– Live At The Crypt Part 1 (Ill Considered Music, 2018 Promo White Label Limited to 25 Copies)

Ill Considered have been one of my favourites from the London jazz scene for a while now. Such a big discography for the amount of time they have been on the scene. This one is a live recording from 'The Crypt' in Camberwell, an amazing tiny venue in the basement of a church. I was lucky enough to see their sister group, 'Wildflower', perform there at the beginning of the year and it was a great experience.

IMG_5710.PNG

IMG_5706.JPG

Hank Mobley - Soul Station (Blue Note, 1987 reissue)

Im currently struggling between 'Soul Station' or 'Workout' for one of my picks for the Blue Note 4000 series challenge on instagram (to choose your 5 favourites from the series). Soul Station tends to be seen as the general favourite, but ive always had a soft spot for 'Workout'. Decisions decisions.

IMG_5720 2.JPG

Laura Marling - Song For Our Daughter

This came out today and yet again it’s an absolutely brilliant album from her, she doesn’t seem to be able to put a foot wrong. This was digitally released quite a bit of schedule because of the current situation, with the physical release to follow in due course, so I’m making do with the Qobuz 24/48 stream for now, gotta say it sounds amazing!

63DFF47B-DE8D-4C4E-9191-3B98287761F7.png

The Strokes - The New Abnormal

The red vinyl has been delayed arriving in Ireland by a week and I've ordered it to pick up in store so it’s going to be 5th May, at the earliest, before it’s spinning so I’ve hit Qobuz again with this one being 24/96.

BBED89BF-C9C5-4C1F-A7BB-A5598D50184B.png

Back