Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary Review

Obviously priced to be a step above the Missions.

I’m guessing it the Lintons were made in Europe they’d be around the price of those missions.

Also if you really want to really lay down the dough this other new one looks like it’s going right after Tannoy and at €33k it better be good…

I’m guessing it the Lintons were made in Europe they’d be around the price of those missions.

Also if you really want to really lay down the dough this other new one looks like it’s going right after Tannoy and at €33k it better be good…

Oof, nope, don't like that look.

Interesting move to split manufacturing in Britain and China. China for the lower end to get you hooked to move up; Britain for prestige and (possibly) higher build quality. I suspect that the British speakers will be made at a higher build quality, regardless of the ability to produce equal build quality in China. Can certainly justify a higher price point that way. Watching to see how this plays out.

Interesting move to split manufacturing in Britain and China. China for the lower end to get you hooked to move up; Britain for prestige and (possibly) higher build quality. I suspect that the British speakers will be made at a higher build quality, regardless of the ability to produce equal build quality in China. Can certainly justify a higher price point that way. Watching to see how this plays out.
Some will pay more for a product not produced in China. It makes sense as it costs much more to manufacture elsewhere. I doubt they are actually making a larger profit margin (in percentage) with domestic manufacture regardless.

Those Dovedales make me itchy. And no, I’m not in the market. 😎

Some will pay more for a product not produced in China. It makes sense as it costs much more to manufacture elsewhere. I doubt they are actually making a larger profit margin (in percentage) with domestic manufacture regardless.

Those Dovedales make me itchy. And no, I’m not in the market. 😎

Yeah they look nice. But 6k for what seems a very similar speaker to the Linton but with a bigger woofer makes me also think that’s getting very close to some other things that I really covet.

The email says the deal runs June 6 to July 11, so the two or three forum members who don't have Lintons yet have a month or so.
I didn’t see the deal on their site. My brother might get some Lintons. He’s jealous of our living room with a record player and no TV and loved the sound of our speakers when he was over at Christmas…

first off WHATS UP GUYS?!?! Been a while and glad to see Hifi guy still doing his thing. So great read and I wish I could fit these in my room but I am still Rocking my 80th Anniversary Dentons and I swear coupled with my Marantz 2285 no matter what I throw on sounds amazing.

Back