Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary Review

It gets better. Get some hours on the speakers and phono stage. Also I found that the PL sounded better after it had been on for an hour.

Is that a tube thing in general? Both the quad and the PL sound better once they’d been on for a little bit and heated themselves up nicely.

I think it’s got something to do with the output transformers. My NAD sounds the same from the moment it’s been turned on.
Will you be doing a full HiFi Guy review of the NAD? I'm planning my speaker upgrade and class D would be a great fit. Given you've been a tube guy (at least in recent years) I'd be curious to hear what the gains/losses are between the two in your opinion.

Will you be doing a full HiFi Guy review of the NAD? I'm planning my speaker upgrade and class D would be a great fit. Given you've been a tube guy (at least in recent years) I'd be curious to hear what the gains/losses are between the two in your opinion.
Until I can get time to do a full write up here’s a fast take:

1. Absolutely no regrets.

2. My electric bill has dropped by 20% although the new amp is over 60% more powerful.

@Matt M Congratulations on your retirement! Hope you're loving life.
Thank you! It's a weird thing so far, I haven't had a moment to myself until tonight. Been helping my lady with the flower shop on this busy Mothers Day week, and my kid had a big volleyball tourney last week. Not sure what to make of it yet. But good to choose my stress!

So maybe we’re getting Denton and Linton 90s then 🤔

If they are made in the new IAG UK factory be prepared for quite the price bump looking at how much more those new Missions cost in comparison to the Denton 80 and the Denton/Linton 85.

I can exclusively confirm here that me and my big tall pal Jim will not be appearing at the Wharfedale stand at the Munich High End show…
That's good because if you were I was going to immediately ship you to Audio Science Review to check your harmonic resonance and distortion levels.
-SPOILER-
I suspect the distortion levels would be high, very high.

Back