Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary Review

If you have cables that you’re happy with I would stick with them and not worry. If you’re buying new cable you might want to get some to experiment. If it’s something you’re interested in give me a shout, I might be able to sort a deal for you on pair of lightly used blue Jean 2.5m bi wire cables. Only had them 2 months when I bought the Lintons and they don’t bi wire so i bought some new cable lol!

Cool, will let you know for sure. I didn't realize you needed special cable for this! The Lintons don't bi-wire? What's the main reason you would choose this style?

Cool, will let you know for sure. I didn't realize you needed special cable for this! The Lintons don't bi-wire? What's the main reason you would choose this style?

Bi wiring is where you have 2 inputs in the speaker, one provides power to the hi frequencies and one to the low. Means you can bi wire or bi amp. A bi wire cable has 4 strands. The one I have is for an amp with just 1 R & 1 L output. It has 2 bananas at the amp end and 4 at the speaker end. If the amp has 2 R & 2 L outputs you could have 4 bananas at each end. One output powering the highs and the other the lows. Bi amping is using 2 amplifiers, one to power the highs and the other to power the lows. Your speaker as it is will have a jumper between the two to transfer the signal across. You’d remove these and uses the separate wires into each for all the above.

Back