Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary Review

They really are and impressively built! Those stands are solid metal and weigh a tonne! Just working my way through the first couple of spins now!
4pk9t4.jpg

I was looking at these speakers. I didn’t realize they are considered bookshelf speakers.

They’re not bookshelves. They’re far too big. You couldn’t place them on anything like a Kallax or a sideboard, they’d be lifted too high. They’re not floorstanders either. I think standmount would probably be the best description.

Last edited:
Got you. I'm on the hunt for a small floorstander, so this unfortunately won't fit the bill. Bet they sound great though.

Yeah they sound fantastic! I can feel that there’s a bit more ooomph to come once they’ve broken in but really happy so far!

Yeah these aren’t for you, they’re designed to be on stands like this, or a small table maybe that’s about 40ish cm high so that the tweeters are at ear level sat down. You’d probably want some kind of smaller floorstanders that shoots upward then I’d imagine.

Yeah they sound fantastic! I can feel that there’s a bit more ooomph to come once they’ve broken in but really happy so far!

Yeah these aren’t for you, they’re designed to be on stands like this, or a small table maybe that’s about 40ish cm high so that the tweeters are at ear level sat down. You’d probably want some kind of smaller floorstanders that shoots upward then I’d imagine.
Deffo. Thinking Neat Iota Alpha or Kef LS50 Meta's on a bookshelf. Have to listen to them both first though.

Perhaps a bookshelf? 😉

Beautiful speakers and I'm jealous. Thought I'd share some ancestors with you.

I have a pair of vintage Wharfedales, though I'm not sure of the exact model. 14" woofers, so they're beasts of a sort. Not in my main system, but they put out a wonderfully rich sound. It's a good bloodline! Enjoy those Lintons--they're beautiful. And thanks for the review.

Wharfdale1.jpgWharfdale2.jpg

Last edited:
Back