Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary Review

Gratz! These will probably work their way into my system, then the shootout for which set (Linton or ZU) end up on which system will begin, lol. Can't wait to hear your thoughts :)
Can’t wait to hear thoughts on this shootout! Working toward a passive system next year. Time will tell if I’ll have the budget for 4 figure speakers, but certainly dreaming about it!

@MikeH, sounds like you’re in the same boat. Now that I’m out of Brooklyn, I’m thinking bigger 😂

I had decided on getting these and thought it would be a good idea to contact the only official dealer in denmark if there might be a price change when the Brexit BS is official starting 1 Jan. Found out last week they've gone bankrupt even though their site is still up and running and no announcements or anything. So i gotta figure out another way to get them.
Do you think it's possible for another hi-fi store to order a pair home?

I had decided on getting these and thought it would be a good idea to contact the only official dealer in denmark if there might be a price change when the Brexit BS is official starting 1 Jan. Found out last week they've gone bankrupt even though their site is still up and running and no announcements or anything. So i gotta figure out another way to get them.
Do you think it's possible for another hi-fi store to order a pair home?

Is there a dealer in a neighbouring country that could be ordered from?

Is there a dealer in a neighbouring country that could be ordered from?
The closest is Hamburg and a store a little north of Hamburg which is closer to the border. Don't know if they have a website to order from and it's about 3-3.5 hour drive. But ordering from another country would make the speakers quite a bit more pricey due to shipping cost, wouldn't it?

The closest is Hamburg and a store a little north of Hamburg which is closer to the border. Don't know if they have a website to order from and it's about 3-3.5 hour drive. But ordering from another country would make the speakers quite a bit more pricey due to shipping cost, wouldn't it?

Depends on the store. I had the ridiculously heavy tube amps sent from the UK for a fair enough price. Thankfully a shop in Dublin sells the Linton so was able to get free delivery for once!

I'm not familiar with exchange rates. Is 55 euros "quite a bit more pricey"? If not, then Analogue Seduction in England has the Lintons with stands for 1222 euros plus 55 euros for shipping to Denmark.

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with exchange rates. Is 55 euros "quite a bit more pricey"? If not, then Analogue Seduction in England has the Lintons with stands for 1222 euros plus 55 euros for shipping to Denmark.
I did not even know they had them haha

But €55 is a lot cheaper than i expected.

Actually @The Denmarkian Wonder if you don’t mind ordering from Ireland and maybe waiting a bit, because of the same potential delay i referred to, my local does free delivery to denmark on all orders over €300.

Nice! I can wait. I was only planning on getting them now from my "local" dealer if Brexit was gonna affect the price.

Thanks for that. *bookmarks link*

Nice! I can wait. I was only planning on getting them now from my "local" dealer if Brexit was gonna affect the price.

Thanks for that. *bookmarks link*

Yeah I just put the order in the other day with them and tbh the potential delay sounds like it’s on Wharfedale’s side anyway, because of the stolen stock, so it’s likely that all orders from all dealers will face it unless they have a few excess models in stock.

I have a package arriving between 2 and 3...

Just a quick question. @HiFi Guy you're probably the most knowledgeable about this sorta stuff. My new cables are still in transit and haven’t arrived yet. Am I ok to use the bi wire cables and just leave a positive and negative disconnected at the speaker end or should I just wait for the new cable to set up the speakers, they should be here by the end of the week.

I have a package arriving between 2 and 3...

Just a quick question. @HiFi Guy you're probably the most knowledgeable about this sorta stuff. My new cables are still in transit and haven’t arrived yet. Am I ok to use the bi wire cables and just leave a positive and negative disconnected at the speaker end or should I just wait for the new cable to set up the speakers, they should be here by the end of the week.
Are both pairs on the speaker ends spades? If so just double them up. Or you can leave a pair disconnected if you need to. Insulate the extra pair with electrical tape to protect against a short.

Are both pairs on the speaker ends spades? If so just double them up. Or you can leave a pair disconnected if you need to. Insulate the extra pair with electrical tape to protect against a short.

They’re bananas. I’ll go and pick up some electrical tape at the hardware store and do that then once they’ve arrived! Thanks!

Right?! My "package" was supposed to be here yesterday, now the tracking has no delivery date and just states it's running late, lol

What was it that you treated yourself to in the end? I can’t remember if you ever actually told us!

Back