Welcome - Introduce Yourself Here

Hi everyone,

Long time lurker of the (now shut down) VMP forums, and now a member here. I live in the Pacific Northwest, am a fan of basketball, and trying out new food/music! Looking forward to being a contributor to the forum, in any way I can.

Hopefully my Discogs account is linked successfully below for others to see. I am a big Julia Holter fan and would like recommendations for artists similar to her and any other artists you might think I would enjoy based on my collection! Started collecting vinyl in April of last year and have been addicted since. Trying to aim for a curated record collection of around ~300 titles.

Hey y'all, I'm new to the forum. Been a VMP sub about 8 months, but never active in the forums until I joined the VMP subreddit and saw the fiasco about the old forum's demise. Anyways, I'm a USAF retired working for NASA now dude in Southern Maryland. Nice meeting everyone!

Hey everyone. I started posting on the old forum about a month or two before it went defunct (although I don't think I ever introduced myself). I'm from and currently live in Texas, currently in Dallas, but had previously lived a few years in Madison Wisconsin. It was up in Madison that I started buying records as a past time to avoid thinking about the freezing winter.

I'm pretty all over the map when comes to what genres I love/collect. I've got a little bit of everything although after having to move my collection cross country I tend to focus on albums that I might otherwise not have listened to. Basically I'm a big fan of Numero Group and Now Again type releases. But I do have a pretty sizable number of Rap and Hip hop, Metal, Japanese Rock and Electronic, and Jazz records.

WTF happened - I was away for like 5 seconds (months) and my favourite forum disappears...
Hooray! You found us!
Hi everyone,

Long time lurker of the (now shut down) VMP forums, and now a member here. I live in the Pacific Northwest, am a fan of basketball, and trying out new food/music! Looking forward to being a contributor to the forum, in any way I can.

Hopefully my Discogs account is linked successfully below for others to see. I am a big Julia Holter fan and would like recommendations for artists similar to her and any other artists you might think I would enjoy based on my collection! Started collecting vinyl in April of last year and have been addicted since. Trying to aim for a curated record collection of around ~300 titles.
Always happy to have another Portland forumer. Welcome!

Hey! I joined VMP in the summer of 2017 after starting down the vinyl rabbit hole pretty much on a whim in the spring of 2017. Started lurking on and off not long after I joined up until it shut down. Been poking my head around here since it launched and figured it was time I became an active participant. Both forums have been a great source for musical discovery and expanding my horizons. Outside of music, I'm an avid Cleveland and Ohio State sports fan. Whether spinning a record or watching a game (often both at the same time) I'm usually enjoying some sort of local (Northeast Ohio) beer or sipping bourbon.

Hey! I joined VMP in the summer of 2017 after starting down the vinyl rabbit hole pretty much on a whim in the spring of 2017. Started lurking on and off not long after I joined up until it shut down. Been poking my head around here since it launched and figured it was time I became an active participant. Both forums have been a great source for musical discovery and expanding my horizons. Outside of music, I'm an avid Cleveland and Ohio State sports fan. Whether spinning a record or watching a game (often both at the same time) I'm usually enjoying some sort of local (Northeast Ohio) beer or sipping bourbon.
I enjoy listening to music while having a game on too

Was introduced to this site by my buddy @lazylistener yesterday (or was it the day before) and could see myself posting/lurking around here quite a bit so here goes!

My name's Brandon, I'm from Singapore, and I've been quite an obsessive vinyl buyer and collector over the past 10 years or so. I had been collecting CDs ever since I could properly save up and afford buying them on my own, but there was that oft-mentioned 'something' about vinyl that drew me into it sometime around 2010 and I've never stopped since. I still have huge stacks of CDs in my cupboard which I'll still treasure a lot though. I've been spending a lot more on music than I should actually, and I guess that's something a lot of you guys can empathise with!

As for my tastes in music, I grew up on punk, alternative rock and metal, so my favourite bands include Red Hot Chili Peppers, Smashing Pumpkins, Thrice, Converge, Oasis, blink-182, Iron Maiden, Alkaline Trio, Funeral For A Friend and Cave In. I enjoy myself some hip hop, jazz and ambient too, but am still only dabbing into these genres on the surface.

Also, I'm a huge sucker for a good live show. Singapore has a good vinyl and live music landscape, but I will always be jealous of those of you in Central Europe, UK, US or Japan!

Last but not least, I teach English for a living, and am also a rabid Liverpool FC fan (6 TIMES!!!!)! Any of you fellow Reds in here too?

Love your user name...

Hey y’all. I’ve hung around both here and the old forum for a while but never interacted with anyone all that much. I usually just participate in the PIF and jazz threads. I’m hoping to get a bit more involved going forward cause I really enjoy the community.

Sooo, I’m Kevin, from the armpit of America aka New Jersey, and I look forward to talking with you all soon.

Hello everyone!
I'm new in these here parts. When I say that I mean new to the forum and to the vinyl world. I'd been a long time observer but never took the step in to the water (have other money sucking hobbies, too :ROFLMAO:) but after RSD this year which was my first real dive in because I absolutely needed to get the Bone Thugs n Harmony release I was hooked in. Now I feel like I'm playing catchup whenever I find out about something I've missed in the past. I guess that's how it goes!

Musically, I'm a big fan of 90s hip hop and I'm having fun tracking original releases and the color variants etc. of various albums because I'm a graphic designer and color and well designed cover art sucks me in :| lol (for instance I just learned about the OutKast ATLiens newbury colored release and a Fugees The Score color release and alas, tracking them down is tough!)

Looking forward to learning and discussing!

Hello, everyone! I'm new here. I'm not even a vinyl enthusiast, I just picked up a fondness for vinyl records from my old parents. (My mom has quite a collection of singles. I'm sure it can't rival what some people have amassed, but the ragtag bunch of songs gathered by a teenager in the rural south in the seventies is nothing to sneeze at, I don't think.)

Anyway, I thought lurking around a place like this might not be a bad idea. I expect to mostly lurk and absorb information, but if I'm feeling chatty, maybe I'll share some feelings sometime. Who knows?

My current record collecting status: A while back I picked up Bespoke Post's first Groove box, and after I went for the second one too, I decided to try out a VMP membership because my childhood love of Lisa Frank has to be channeled SOMEHOW now that I'm grown. So that's how I'm living my life.

Back