Welcome - Introduce Yourself Here

Hey everyone! I joined the-club-that-should-not-be-named in August last year, posted a few times on the original forum, and moved here one last month, so I though it was finally time for an intro!

I'm French, been living in Ireland for about 10 years, and Dublin for 5. I've been buying records from the mid/end-90's when it was cheaper than CDs (and most of the things I listened to where vinyl only releases), and started "collecting" and expanding my musical tastes a few years ago (I wouldn't have bet a euro on myself buying jazz records when I was collecting oi and streetpunk 7" a a teenager).

Really enjoying the community here so far!
@Joe Mac a Dubliner

I Finally made it over! Been on vacation in the Smokie’s for a week plus. Then we got hit by 5 tornadoes in Dayton on Memorial Day, get to work Tuesday with no power so been struggling with that. Post office finally delivered my anthology on Wednesday after holding it 3 days longer than we asked so just now unwinding with Dexter Calling.

This thread gives me all the warm fuzzies. So cool to see people reintroduce themselves to our new home. Our home. Not anyone else’s. Us coming together because we didn’t want to go anywhere else. Isn’t that so awesome?! I still think that’s pretty awesome. You guys rock.

This thread gives me all the warm fuzzies. So cool to see people reintroduce themselves to our new home. Our home. Not anyone else’s. Us coming together because we didn’t want to go anywhere else. Isn’t that so awesome?! I still think that’s pretty awesome. You guys rock.

I'm still blown away by it

Was introduced to this site by my buddy @lazylistener yesterday (or was it the day before) and could see myself posting/lurking around here quite a bit so here goes!

My name's Brandon, I'm from Singapore, and I've been quite an obsessive vinyl buyer and collector over the past 10 years or so. I had been collecting CDs ever since I could properly save up and afford buying them on my own, but there was that oft-mentioned 'something' about vinyl that drew me into it sometime around 2010 and I've never stopped since. I still have huge stacks of CDs in my cupboard which I'll still treasure a lot though. I've been spending a lot more on music than I should actually, and I guess that's something a lot of you guys can empathise with!

As for my tastes in music, I grew up on punk, alternative rock and metal, so my favourite bands include Red Hot Chili Peppers, Smashing Pumpkins, Thrice, Converge, Oasis, blink-182, Iron Maiden, Alkaline Trio, Funeral For A Friend and Cave In. I enjoy myself some hip hop, jazz and ambient too, but am still only dabbing into these genres on the surface.

Also, I'm a huge sucker for a good live show. Singapore has a good vinyl and live music landscape, but I will always be jealous of those of you in Central Europe, UK, US or Japan!

Last but not least, I teach English for a living, and am also a rabid Liverpool FC fan (6 TIMES!!!!)! Any of you fellow Reds in here too?

Was introduced to this site by my buddy @lazylistener yesterday (or was it the day before) and could see myself posting/lurking around here quite a bit so here goes!

My name's Brandon, I'm from Singapore, and I've been quite an obsessive vinyl buyer and collector over the past 10 years or so. I had been collecting CDs ever since I could properly save up and afford buying them on my own, but there was that oft-mentioned 'something' about vinyl that drew me into it sometime around 2010 and I've never stopped since. I still have huge stacks of CDs in my cupboard which I'll still treasure a lot though. I've been spending a lot more on music than I should actually, and I guess that's something a lot of you guys can empathise with!

As for my tastes in music, I grew up on punk, alternative rock and metal, so my favourite bands include Red Hot Chili Peppers, Smashing Pumpkins, Thrice, Converge, Oasis, blink-182, Iron Maiden, Alkaline Trio, Funeral For A Friend and Cave In. I enjoy myself some hip hop, jazz and ambient too, but am still only dabbing into these genres on the surface.

Also, I'm a huge sucker for a good live show. Singapore has a good vinyl and live music landscape, but I will always be jealous of those of you in Central Europe, UK, US or Japan!

Last but not least, I teach English for a living, and am also a rabid Liverpool FC fan (6 TIMES!!!!)! Any of you fellow Reds in here too?

Welcome!

My brother in law keeps trying to get me into the Premier League. At the rate I'm falling out of love with the NFL, it won't be much longer.

Welcome! I love Singapore, should try to get back there soon.

Back