Welcome - Introduce Yourself Here

When I was choosing my original name (Lord Diaper Baby - many iterations ago), I was unsure of what name to use. And, honestly, I am really unconcerned with what my name is 'cause it's all in good fun.

My ex-wife said something along the lines of "Well, you're a diaper baby" and that's how it started.

I tend to change my name often and once tried to veer away from anything diaper or baby related and the mod who has to approve name changes said no. Which, I'm not sure how enforceable that is, but I'm leaning into it.

This new version of my name is a riff on the recent question posed by a member of whether sparkle sharks can swim in lava water.
We’re just gonna pretend @TheMythofSisyphus never existed then?

We’re just gonna pretend @TheMythofSisyphus never existed then?
New account...who dis?

Lol, no, certainly not. You are the only one who ever asked me about that - if my memory serves, that was you and I who had the PM's about if I was that person.

I did not leave as Sisyphus under other than honorable conditions so I've no qualms about recounting that I am him. It was the opening days of COVID and there were a bunch of stressors so I took a short-sighted break in which I opted to totally delete my account.

Of course, that name is based on the Greek myth, but more so the importance Albert Camus' The Myth of Sisyphus held for me in my 20's. If you ever find me on Steam, I game under the tag "mythFKAsisyphus" which also serves as an homage to Prince (TAFKAP).

New account...who dis?

Lol, no, certainly not. You are the only one who ever asked me about that - if my memory serves, that was you and I who had the PM's about if I was that person.

I did not leave as Sisyphus under other than honorable conditions so I've no qualms about recounting that I am him. It was the opening days of COVID and there were a bunch of stressors so I took a short-sighted break in which I opted to totally delete my account.

Of course, that name is based on the Greek myth, but more so the importance Albert Camus' The Myth of Sisyphus held for me in my 20's. If you ever find me on Steam, I game under the tag "mythFKAsisyphus" which also serves as an homage to Prince (TAFKAP).
Yeah, I was just joshin’ ya. I am fond of Camis, Sartre and Neitche and the absurdity of life so that handle always jumped out at me.

New guys, ignore this, @Mather is still salty about the time I sent him a snail mail letter saying he listened to Herb Alpert on purpose and had a murder lounge in his basement, inadvertently putting the RCMP on his tail. I mean if you’d seen pictures of his basement you’d probably come to the same conclusion, it’s like, bare concrete cinderblocks and really who uses garrotes (plural!) as decorative elements?

In my defense, it was really funny.

I was just wondering if some of the members names had some stories behind the name choices? Mine seems rather mundane by comparison!

Nothing too exciting for mine, I was playing poker with some friends and someone said 'it's on you, Ranbalam' so I started using it for some of my socials at the time.

We almost need a newbie thread for all the in-jokes and weird pieces of forum history, like “what would you do with more X?” “It’s my friends birthday and blue is his favourite colour”, and @Mather owns the best sex/murder dungeon.
Yes, yes please let's just go and immortalize this somewhere. Maybe I should get badges made. Or a plaque.

We almost need a newbie thread for all the in-jokes and weird pieces of forum history, like “what would you do with more X?” “It’s my friends birthday and blue is his favourite colour”, and @Mather owns the best sex/murder dungeon.
"No one ever complains about it after they visit" doesn't actually make it "the best"

Back