Welcome - Introduce Yourself Here

I never formally introduced myself at the former place.

I’m Dave and I live in Chicago with my beautiful daughter and wife.

My wife goes to bed very early as she’s a teacher and I’m a night owl. During this time I like to spin John Prine and hip hop records.

I am a vinyl addict

Image result for and we're back snl gif're back snl gif

So since I'm feeling so good about his I'll share more about myself than I ever did on The Forum That Shall Not Be Named.

• My username is not some bastardization of "shamrock." It's a combination of my initials and this Simpsons episode, and dates all the way back to my AIM days.
  • I've was up in Northern NJ for the last 8+ years but moved back to Philly 2 months ago and it's been the best adult decision I've made.
  • Have you guys read the Lorde Powerpoint? My wife made that. She's the best.
  • You guys have no idea what goes into "Quality Control" and you've been killing me for years with your overuse of those words.

You should, and I mean this in all seriousness, create a cocktail called Quality Control.

- Only lurked on the other forum (mainly for the Pre-order page and guess threads)
- Live in Las Vegas but originally from Connecticut
- Degree in Philosophy
- On second record collection of my life (gave away first one in my early 20's)
- Play guitar (currently Fender American Elite Tele, trying to source a good baritone guitar)
- 10+ years in Air Force (mostly as enlisted but crossed over to the Officer[dark] side last year
- 3 dogs, 2 cats, 2 guinea pigs, bunch of fish....a wife
- Bunch of stereo equipment (next big buy will be a Technics SL-1200G that I'm looking to pair w/ a Soundsmith Zephy MIMC)
- Into a lot of music but #1 artist is Prince, #1 genre is Hip Hop and other fave artists incl Pink Floyd, King Crimson, Nas, El-P, Porcupine Tree, and Beach Boys (Post-Today/Pet Sounds)

Edit: I also wanted my name to be "The Myth Formerly Known as Sisyphus" as a simultaneous homage to Prince and Albert Camus but it was too long.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back