Wax Buyers Club

On a sidenote: great that the second Mc Solaar album is on offer in your shop. I bought it on cd in 1995 on a schooltrip to Paris. It’s one of my all time favourite records.
So to other french hiphop lovers: order it asap ;)
Many thanks! Yes it is a good (and awaited) repress.

I know what it is.

I'm a visual learner so I always have to wait for Ed to drop a picture for me to figure it out. 😇

The description reminds me of Dj Champion

Soopasoul is that rarest of things in this electronic age of dance music. A band where everything is played in live, where loops and plug-ins are dropped in favour of a drum kit, guitars and bass that are lying around and a funky horn section so steeped in tradition that you can feel the real deal being played out in front of your ears!

One of the best show I have ever seen.

Reactions: Edd
Hey!

I hope members here liked Soopasoul on vinyl. It was a big project with Jalapeno Records to get this album from 2009 on vinyl for the first time.

Some news from the club? As I said earlier on twitter about this article, I'm not confortable with 2022. Ordering vinyl from any pressing plant is a bet and you don't know if delay or features will be respected. I might say you know they will mess up with you, the question is how much.

To make it short : any order that does not come from a Major is a the en of the queue.

For now, the only thing wax buyers club members can see is that our next ROTM will not have our logo on the backcover because pressing plant used the cover they had in archives. The color is not what I've ordered to MPO, but it is not bad at all. The very good news is that the vinyl is perfectly flat and plays perfectly.

Very hard to work with optimal as well. As a consequence, our december Sam Records will land on your turntable in January. We have a great plan B for december. If every is going well, I've done everything to avoid any problem until june. Fingers crossed!

We are going to make a little change on our international subs : 4 months (120€) will be 3 months (90€). So no increase.

Cheers.

With this continuing strain on supply vs. demand you'd think some wealthy entrepreneurs would be jumping at the chance to start up a new pressing plant. Or maybe they are, but it feels like nothing on the scale of Gz which is suffering immense quality control issues (see: any VMP thread in this forum).

Hey!

I hope members here liked Soopasoul on vinyl. It was a big project with Jalapeno Records to get this album from 2009 on vinyl for the first time.

Some news from the club? As I said earlier on twitter about this article, I'm not confortable with 2022. Ordering vinyl from any pressing plant is a bet and you don't know if delay or features will be respected. I might say you know they will mess up with you, the question is how much.

To make it short : any order that does not come from a Major is a the en of the queue.

For now, the only thing wax buyers club members can see is that our next ROTM will not have our logo on the backcover because pressing plant used the cover they had in archives. The color is not what I've ordered to MPO, but it is not bad at all. The very good news is that the vinyl is perfectly flat and plays perfectly.

Very hard to work with optimal as well. As a consequence, our december Sam Records will land on your turntable in January. We have a great plan B for december. If every is going well, I've done everything to avoid any problem until june. Fingers crossed!

We are going to make a little change on our international subs : 4 months (120€) will be 3 months (90€). So no increase.

Cheers.

Excited to hear you have another Sam title coming up

With this continuing strain on supply vs. demand you'd think some wealthy entrepreneurs would be jumping at the chance to start up a new pressing plant. Or maybe they are, but it feels like nothing on the scale of Gz which is suffering immense quality control issues (see: any VMP thread in this forum).

There is a little pressing plant in France, Vinyl Record Maker. We've done 3 pressing with them : 2 were perfect, the third much less. Some indie label are talking with them right now, to make them invest for more machine. There is 2 problems :
- A pressing device is 250K€, at least.
- There is also a lack of raw material.

I did not take time to read the forum lately, thanks for the advice.

Excited to hear you have another Sam title coming up
As I am! TP are on their way to my turntable. It is Christmas already.

Somehow I loose notifications when I get reply here. Sorry for my late answer.

Well, some records I put in the shop during the last 7 days can give you some great clues.
So are we talking about Reggae here?

Reactions: Edd
Hey! Some minor and less minor modifications on our international subs.
- 4 months is 3 months now. It does not renew automatically. A litte 5€ increase, 1,66 for a month.
- 12 months is the same.
- And we have a monthly international sub! 35€, it does renew each month and you can stop when ever you want.

Capture d’écran 2021-09-29 à 10.50.43.png

October has been announced:

Listening to it now, I'm digging it.

Next Sam Records release is January, right @Edd? Since the international sub was cut from four to three months I might wait another month before re-subbing, but Skarra Mucci is really tempting.

Thanks. It is great reggae dance hall album. :)

We do have monthly international sub right now. ;)

Back