Wax Buyers Club

@Edd, isn't it a good time for a first hint?
I think it is.

What you already know : it is a Sam Records Release (and very exclusive : we have 95% of the stock. A few record will be on sale at Sam Records website in jannuary).

You need a second hint? Well. Let me think about it...

The second hint has a link with one of the Sam Records records that is on sale at Wax Buyers Club.

I think it is.

What you already know : it is a Sam Records Release (and very exclusive : we have 95% of the stock. A few record will be on sale at Sam Records website in jannuary).

You need a second hint? Well. Let me think about it...

The second hint has a link with one of the Sam Records records that is on sale at Wax Buyers Club.

Jef Gilson – Jef Gilson a Gaveau was recorded in 1965, in May
Nathan Davis Sextet – Peace Treaty was recorded in 1965, in May
Art Blakey & The New Jazzmen – Live in Paris ’65was recorded in 1965, in November

So there is a link with almost all the Sam Records you have in WBC shop ;):cautious:

Jef Gilson – Jef Gilson a Gaveau was recorded in 1965, in May
Nathan Davis Sextet – Peace Treaty was recorded in 1965, in May
Art Blakey & The New Jazzmen – Live in Paris ’65was recorded in 1965, in November

So there is a link with almost all the Sam Records you have in WBC shop ;):cautious:

Hold on. The quote below is about Jef Gilson a Gaveau recorded in 1965, in May

Contrary to what the title implies this album is not a concert recording, the original compositions from Jef Gilson that make this program were captured a month after this historic show, at the mythical studio Davout that had just opened that year (The Rolling Stones, The Cure, but also Art Blakey or Chet Baker were to record there before it closed down in 2017).

So maybe we are having this historic show as December AotM? There are no entries on Discogs for this live recording.

Hold on. The quote below is about Jef Gilson a Gaveau recorded in 1965, in May

So maybe we are having this historic show as December AotM? There are no entries on Discogs for this live recording.
well, I might give a clue or two buy the 20th in the waxbuyersclub thread. And @Skalap will find the ROTM one or two minutes later. :D

Once again.

Many thanks. I'll share some pics in a fews days. This release is a fantastic gift from Sam Records to WBC as well.

Definitely! Do you know the line-up for this show? I see some amazing musicians listed on the "studio version" like Woody Shaw, Michel Portal, Nathan Davis, etc...

Definitely! Do you know the line-up for this show? I see some amazing musicians listed on the "studio version" like Woody Shaw, Michel Portal, Nathan Davis, etc...
Cession live inédite enregistrée à la salle Gaveau le 3 avril 1965 par le Jef Gilson Big Band composé de Roger Guérin, Bernard Vitet, Raymond Fonsèque, François guin, Michel Portal, Jean-Louis Chautemps, Jacques Di Donato, Pierre Caron, Jef Gilson, Bernard Lubat, Jean-François Jenny Clark et Jacques Thollot.

Cession live inédite enregistrée à la salle Gaveau le 3 avril 1965 par le Jef Gilson Big Band composé de Roger Guérin, Bernard Vitet, Raymond Fonsèque, François guin, Michel Portal, Jean-Louis Chautemps, Jacques Di Donato, Pierre Caron, Jef Gilson, Bernard Lubat, Jean-François Jenny Clark et Jacques Thollot.

You'll have to tell us the story about this release. I see Fred used a few INA recordings for some of the most recent releases.

Am i due to re-sub this month @Edd? I've put it through but the last few months have me questioning my own maths
Thanks @Rowan! you're with us since august and a 4 months international membership. You must have receive a resub email yesterday, maybe in your spam?

Anyway, you're back on track until march 2021. :)

Back