VNYL - What is this

I had a suitcase player that skipped a bunch so I put a penny on the head. I had to rebuy 4 albums because that ended up warping the grooves of my original copies after just a play or two. It introduced a horrible amount of extra noise that wouldn't go away.

I'm mainly just glad I was able to buy another audio fidelity copy of the blade runner soundtrack before it shot up in price. I regret not shilling out $20 more for an AT LP60 at the time.

I don't mind people picking up crosleys, sure they have a lot of clear problems (the speakers aren't good, the build quality won't be the best, and the hinge of the suitcase can make the album slower, plus a much lower quality needle). But I know they are much easier to obtain (my target only had crosleys, not the suitcase but still). The one thing that is useful is constructive advice on alternatives, I think the AT-LP60 is the perfect entry point, has some problems with speed but other than that I was perfectly fine using it until I bought my custom U-turn last year. I found out about it through Google search of best record players under 200 bucks (I think maybe it was just best record players) and I feel just a bit of googling will help a lot of up and coming record collectors a lot

Back