Vinyl Storage Recommendation

We made it through the build!!! This thing is going to last forever.

View attachment 181563
So the first one we built late last night and once we got the hang of it, the second one came together pretty painlessly. We are in the process of sorting and culling records now.
The real question is whether the floor supports this load. The joists do run perpendicular to the wall...

We made it through the build!!! This thing is going to last forever.

View attachment 181563
So the first one we built late last night and once we got the hang of it, the second one came together pretty painlessly. We are in the process of sorting and culling records now.

Hahahaha! Nice!

I’m not sure about this whole culling thing though, sounds strange. Is it some kind of Deb notion?

PS: That Radiohead box fits the shelves if you turn it through 90 so the spine faces upwards…

When I bought my first flat 20 odd years ago I loved going there for a potter about. Now as a 43 year old man the place is the devil. Just full of 20 odd year olds, enthusiastically slaloming about the place talking absolute bollocks while they indiscriminately buy tons of cheap shit before stuffing their faces with hotdogs.

The place is the absolute pits
I dunno….I kinda love the place 😂

Anybody have recommendations for getting Kallaxes up off the floor? Might have to make the move to the basement sooner than I wanted since my current listening space has some developing water intrusion issues...

I know that IKEA sells a new base system for the Kallax but it doesn't have a weight limit listed, and while I don't need anything fancy or expensive, I'm curious if anyone has ideas.

Anybody have recommendations for getting Kallaxes up off the floor? Might have to make the move to the basement sooner than I wanted since my current listening space has some developing water intrusion issues...

I know that IKEA sells a new base system for the Kallax but it doesn't have a weight limit listed, and while I don't need anything fancy or expensive, I'm curious if anyone has ideas.
I used the bestas and butcher block counter top

IMG_0746.jpegIMG_0745.jpegIMG_0743.jpeg

I have 4x2 Kallax units with the metal base. The base is very sturdy, no need to worry about weight limits. If the Kallax will hold it, so will the base.

I wish I had gotten another of those Ikea Swedish house mafia record player stands…sadly looks like they are all discontinued and can’t find them anywhere! Trying to find a new stand for my office to get my amp further from my phono and TT but can’t quite find anything that fits my space. Gotta be around 40” wide at most

Back