Vinyl Storage Recommendation

I see. I will have to find out. I don't plan to pack it too tight and can put the jacket up against it to prevent any vinyl warps. Planning to put mainly bifolds (i.e. Tone Poets) in it so I can read the spines easier with my aging eyes.

Just pop a box set on each end and you should be solid gold.

Finally in and setting some records up. Really happy with the outcome. I've never built a cabinet. The cheap wood feet were too difficult to match so I just made them obviously different. Everything is solid as a rock.

View attachment 180459View attachment 180460
Has this thing collapsed yet due to the insignificant amount of screws and support? 😬

Yeah, i just got through those pages haha

So many experts like you hadn't done your homework before building the thing.
I've learned a lesson to never cross post there. Some real idiots. Couldn't tell the difference between wood and a tv tray.

But I do welcome any "logical" feedback because I am just trying to figure things out as I go. I am far from a professional. Trial and error is my forte.

@nolalady and I made a family trip to the Charlotte IKEA today. We got 2x 5x5 kallax and a custom entertainment center. I've got some assembly to do this weekend!

It was everyone but @nolalady's first IKEA experience. We've officially cleared a relationship hurdle by moving through this one with humor and grace. If their shipping wasn't so insane I am not certain I'd ever go again but it was certainly a bucket list check off.

@nolalady and I made a family trip to the Charlotte IKEA today. We got 2x 5x5 kallax and a custom entertainment center. I've got some assembly to do this weekend!

It was everyone but @nolalady's first IKEA experience. We've officially cleared a relationship hurdle by moving through this one with humor and grace. If their shipping wasn't so insane I am not certain I'd ever go again but it was certainly a bucket list check off.
Did you do the meatballs?

IKEA on a Saturday is one of the innermost circles of the inferno. I try, wherever possible, to go at 8pm on a weekday. I do also live 20 minutes around a motorway from it which helps.

Also, if you can make it through an ikea build in one piece we’ll know you’re both solid 😂

I was skulking around my house yesterday trying to find a spot for another kallax, I'm a sick sick man.

I’m there with a measuring tape wondering if I bin my side table and buy a thinner sofa end table that I might possibly be able to just about squeeze in a 5x5 where the 2 4x2s sit next to each other and gain an extra 9 cubes…

Also cursing that they no longer do the 5x2, that’s have been another extra 2 cubes as well!

Back