Vinyl Storage Recommendation

I wish I could rent a spot at a wood working workshop with fully stocked pro tools for like $20 an hour plus cost of building materials/storage.
Basically like Industrial Arts for adults that don’t want to invest thousands of dollars into tools.
Is the Men’s Shed movement not a thing in the States? Big here, and slightly smaller in the UK. It’s like a club for retired and widowed guys to hang out, and they usually have loads of good tools.

Is the Men’s Shed movement not a thing in the States? Big here, and slightly smaller in the UK. It’s like a club for retired and widowed guys to hang out, and they usually have loads of good tools.
Something like this opened in Vancouver close to us, just before we moved out of the city. I would kill for something like this now. Instead I just drink and watch woodworking YouTube videos

Instead of that, we have garage pub crawls. Guys fully kit out their garages into full service bars and people go from garage to garage on the weekends.

Pretty sure I've posted here before about these very customizable shelving options from Lundia (for those of you looking at various options). They don't offer the kind of contribution to decor that characterizes some of the recent examples posted, but for straightforward, sturdy shelving that can hold lots of records, they're great. Here's a link: Solid Wood Bookcases I went with 15-inch shelving. Dug up this photo I assume I've posted here before.

View attachment 200567
This is awesome. I know I have only just had a cup of coffee but this website is maybe the most confusing site I’ve ever been on.

Instead of that, we have garage pub crawls. Guys fully kit out their garages into full service bars and people go from garage to garage on the weekends.
Yup my next door neighbor growing up (also, my mom’s boyfriend) got one too many DUIs and lost his license so instead of reassessing his life and maybe stop drinking he (a tradesman) and all his buddies decided to turn his 2 car garage into a shanty bar. And it’s legit nicer than many dive bars I have been to. He ran HVAC, has a pool table, Juke Box, couple TVs and several fully stocked fridges with whatever domestic swill his buddies bring over. The whole is a monument to drunken excellence. The only issue is he now has to park his truck outside but he can’t legally drive anyhow.

Last edited:
Yup my next door neighbor growing up (also, my mom’s boyfriend) got one too many DUIs and lost his license so instead of reassessing his life and maybe stop drinking he (a tradesman) and all his buddies decided to turn his 2 car garage into a shanty bar. And it’s legit nicer than many dive bars I have been too. He ran HVAC, has a pool table, Juke Box, couple TVs and several fully stocked fridges with whatever domestic swill his buddies bring over. The whole is a monument to drunken excellence. The only issue is he now has to park his truck outside but he can’t legally drive anyhow.
It's a big thing in my friend's neighborhood in New Jersey now. They are calling them GarBars lol.

Not gonna lie...I have debated building a tiki bar in my yard. We had to chop down tons of bamboo that was put up as part of a neighbor dispute with the previous owner and I need something to do with it. We have a weird shaped yard and I could easily hide it back there.

Yup my next door neighbor growing up (also, my mom’s boyfriend) got one too many DUIs and lost his license so instead of reassessing his life and maybe stop drinking he (a tradesman) and all his buddies decided to turn his 2 car garage into a shanty bar. And it’s legit nicer than many dive bars I have been to. He ran HVAC, has a pool table, Juke Box, couple TVs and several fully stocked fridges with whatever domestic swill his buddies bring over. The whole is a monument to drunken excellence. The only issue is he now has to park his truck outside but he can’t legally drive anyhow.
this story has so many layers

It's a big thing in my friend's neighborhood in New Jersey now. They are calling them GarBars lol.

Not gonna lie...I have debated building a tiki bar in my yard. We had to chop down tons of bamboo that was put up as part of a neighbor dispute with the previous owner and I need something to do with it. We have a weird shaped yard and I could easily hide it back there.
Bamboo/river cane grows back real fast so make sure you burn the roots if you don't want it coming back (though it is kind of a rad resource, invasive as it is)

Anyone order from Hudson hifi lately? I ordered 300 sleeves on March 29 and I’ve got nothing. I called on the 8th and they refunded 15% for the long wait. Now their website is gone.

Anyone order from Hudson hifi lately? I ordered 300 sleeves on March 29 and I’ve got nothing. I called on the 8th and they refunded 15% for the long wait. Now their website is gone.

Eek! Hoping it’s just a Shopify update or something. I haven’t ordered from them lately but have always gotten what I ordered without issue

Well that sucks. I’ve been using their liners and they’re worlds better than the crappy Big Fudge ones.

Back