Vinyl Storage Recommendation

RE: Flipbins - The little strip of rug grip always balls up on me and I was thinking on permanently adhering it to the bottom pan. Any suggestions for the adhesive?
I just put a piece of extra shelf liner that had adhesive in the bottom of mine. (I was a part of the kickstarter, they did not supply the grip strip then)

Couldn’t remember if those were included or I added my own! Been a minute since I’ve gotten any. I think eventually I’m gonna build my own flip in the storage for on top of the kallax
I have 5x5s. I ain’t that tall.

They are really nicely made right??
No.

(Yes)

My only complaint was the little feet were kind of hard to peel adhesive paper from, but that's true nitpicking.

P.S. They have pre-orders live right now for anyone considering buying. Site says ETA of May. I'm tempted to add a 45 one but my wallet is crying at the mere thought of more audio/audio-adjacent gear.

A question for anyone that has installed a 5 x 5 Kallax: Did you drill into studs to secure it to the wall? I'll know how it lines up once I assemble it tomorrow, but I am concerned that where I want the shelf to sit won't line up with the studs.

A question for anyone that has installed a 5 x 5 Kallax: Did you drill into studs to secure it to the wall? I'll know how it lines up once I assemble it tomorrow, but I am concerned that where I want the shelf to sit won't line up with the studs.
I did..I grabbed some L brackets to secure them on

Definitely secure it. Also install a back too with some thin plywood, MDF, melamine, whatever. Between those two "fixes" Kallax is quite sturdy.

To secure it, use some 1/2" x 4 boards (not regular dimension lumber, look for "finishing boards") however long you need. Secure to studs at the required height, now install Kallax "where ever" along it. Conceal the sides with 1x2 stained to match.

Not only does this let you put the Kallax " where ever", but it also hides the gap if you have baseboard and can't push it all the way to the wall...

I have 3x 2x4 on top of 3x 2x2 and its all quite solid.IMG_20240329_120136.jpg

Last edited:
The record room is wood paneled. I have no such worries.

Back