Vinyl Storage Recommendation

My thing is with the kallax, that you pretty much need to build them, set them up and leave them alone. They seem to have issues if you move them. As such, I’m not real keen on relocating them and then putting them on top of any feet. But you do what you have to do.
I've had one that moved from Glasgow to Melbourne, then two that have moved houses in Melbourne, and they are holding up OK. Put a plywood backing on them, and that might have made a difference.

Random: way earlier in this thread a few people recommended the backspacers from Turntable Revival. I took the plunge in late December. I have received several emails that essentially said that the items were never in stock (despite showing the opposite when I ordered) and what I would deem responses with material ambiguity. My question is for those that have ordered before: is this company legit? I am concerned.
Have ordered from them three times. Once it took ages to get because they were OOS but they did arrive. Another time I ordered the incorrect size and they sent me a return label and I only paid shipping to get the right ones sent back to me.

They overall seem kinda slow to send stuff but I have always gotten it and they are nice. Not hard to make yourself and I may just do that moving forward

I've had one that moved from Glasgow to Melbourne, then two that have moved houses in Melbourne, and they are holding up OK. Put a plywood backing on them, and that might have made a difference.

I also think that filling them up makes them stronger. Mine don’t move an inch full but when I emptied them to move them to decorate there was a decent amount of play in them.

I also think that filling them up makes them stronger. Mine don’t move an inch full but when I emptied them to move them to decorate there was a decent amount of play in them.
@Joe Mac said I need to fill up my shelves more otherwise they could be dangerous and fall”

- Me to my wife when I get a big shipment of records every day

Any recommendations for a flip bin/box/crate/stand for “on deck” records to place on top of a Kallax? Smaller profile the better but open to all.

I have two Flipbins and they are wonderful.
Yea they are pricey but super well made and look fantastic. I also got some from that Ikea x Swedish House Mafia collab that I quite like but they are long gone sadly. Should have grabbed more.

I got some Hudson HiFi ones (Hudson Hi-Fi Kensington Vinyl Record Storage Holder - 70 LP) and dislike them but they were super cheap. Don't like the design of them and feels like they could damage records if they aren't full.

Yea they are pricey but super well made and look fantastic. I also got some from that Ikea x Swedish House Mafia collab that I quite like but they are long gone sadly. Should have grabbed more.

I got some Hudson HiFi ones (Hudson Hi-Fi Kensington Vinyl Record Storage Holder - 70 LP) and dislike them but they were super cheap. Don't like the design of them and feels like they could damage records if they aren't full.
Those are ugly. I think I saved the schematics on one the other day that I thought looked cool. Give me a second…

These look great, but I can not vouch for the company nor the quality of the product:

Any idea how often flipbin restocks? Only one color in stock and it’s doodoo brown
It might be worth hitting their contact info on the site to let him know what color you are interested in. I’ll see if I still have the guy’s contact info somewhere. He’s a pretty nice and straightforward guy. Used to post in the old place.

These look great, but I can not vouch for the company nor the quality of the product:
Saw these too. They look pretty cool.

The ikea ones looked like this
1710115775623.png

Reached out on socials per rec, also subbed to their insta in case they share stock. I can wait, just trying to stop putting my records on the floor
They are the nicest quality ones I’ve seen so far in person. As Lee said the owner seems cool too. If you’re not in a rush (and can’t build any yourself) I’d wait on those.

They are the nicest quality ones I’ve seen so far in person. As Lee said the owner seems cool too. If you’re not in a rush (and can’t build any yourself) I’d wait on those.
If you are so inclined, these guys have their schematics up on their site…. I may try to make some when the kid is a little older and my shop is in better order:

Back