Vinyl Storage Recommendation

That was my first thought, but I do want it to look somewhat stylish.
I don't really put a ton of trust in the structural integrity of the Kallax once you put legs on it. I think I'd feel better building a 'base' of plywood and attaching some legs to that, and either setting the Kallax on top or screwing it all together.

Anybody ever added "after-market" legs to a Kallax?

Reason being is I have to (at least temporarily) move some of my collection and storage to the basement. While it is a conditioned space and stays generally dry, I worry about putting the Kallax directly on the carpet since there could still be some humidity coming up from the 50 year old slab...

I know IKEA has a new base leg system, but I am reading that any Kallax older than a few years will be too wide to fit.

I was looking at something like these from Home Depot, with the understanding that I may need to use 6 or more to hold the weight of a 4x2 Kallax (only half full but still).

i just bought some of the metal underframes that ikea sells for the 2x2s. they are quite nice with leveling feet. when did they change the size of their kallax?

they actually don't attach to the base from what i can remember (i put one together late at night a few weeks ago). you unscrew the bolts on the bottom 4 corners of the unit and add a rubber foot then thread the bolt back through that and into the unit. those feet then sits within the metal channel of the underframe's feet. so i can see why if the dimensions don't work, it won't fit. i'm sure you could figure out some other kind of solve though for it...

i bought 3 of the 2x2 metal ones and it actually made the kallax too tall for my space (they obscure too much of the window that the kallax are sitting under) so i'm returning them but thought they would actually be a nice use for a basement storage setup.

i just bought some of the metal underframes that ikea sells for the 2x2s. they are quite nice with leveling feet. when did they change the size of their kallax?

they actually don't attach to the base from what i can remember (i put one together late at night a few weeks ago). you unscrew the bolts on the bottom 4 corners of the unit and add a rubber foot then thread the bolt back through that and into the unit. those feet then sits within the metal channel of the underframe's feet. so i can see why if the dimensions don't work, it won't fit. i'm sure you could figure out some other kind of solve though for it...

i bought 3 of the 2x2 metal ones and it actually made the kallax too tall for my space (they obscure too much of the window that the kallax are sitting under) so i'm returning them but thought they would actually be a nice use for a basement storage setup.
I was just going off the most recent 1-star reviews for the 4 wide legs. Most of them said wrong size for older Kallax. I wasn't really willing to waste my time with having to do a return of that was true.

How much do you want to bet that it’s people with an Expedit who’ve forgotten the change.
thats what i assume. because i don't remember ikea redesigning the kallax.

but to be fair, it was a bit of a faff to empty out my shelf then add the legs only to realize that it was now too tall for my space.

USM and Symbol Audio have teamed up to create some awesome looking but real pricey record storage @Ghost
So cool. I particularly love those perforated panels that you can see through. Going to try and get some of those for my USM console. Weirdly enough though, I’d only opt for some of those as an addition to what I already have, I feel like they’ll all hold less records at the cost of displaying them.

In love with my USM though, super expensive but damn there’s something about them when they’re in your space.

So cool. I particularly love those perforated panels that you can see through. Going to try and get some of those for my USM console. Weirdly enough though, I’d only opt for some of those as an addition to what I already have, I feel like they’ll all hold less records at the cost of displaying them.

In love with my USM though, super expensive but damn there’s something about them when they’re in your space.
Yea I love the look. But would never be able to afford enough storage for 2,000+ records haha

Also didn’t realize Symbol Audio was right over the bridge from me in Nyack NY

assuming that's about the price? i love the look of em.
I mean they look okay but the price is bananas. I’m just gonna get my shop going and sell you guys furniture after the kid is older. I can sell like three pieces a year and buy a dream system in no time m…

Back