Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Noticed they fixed the Sampa listing but I think I like the red and green better anyway. I’m sure it will arrive faster plus that flac download :cool:

I had to take a handful of Xanax to calm me down after spending the extra 27 cents but I’m starting to chill out..

Rolling Stones will probably be $34 for a single LP, much like Mariah Carey. JPEGMAFIA will probably land around $32. (My guesses)
I will probably pay that if they managed to get exclusive rights to the Mono remaster as a single LP. As of now you can only get that mono version in the deluxe sets. If its just a red copy of the stereo mix, I will pass.

This album is fantastic, but the colour of the record isn't the only thing VMP messed up here...

She was born in Zambia, not Botswana. I have the 2xLP colour pressing in red and green (colours of the Zambian flag) and it sounds great. It's her second album, not her debut.

It is a 19-track, 78-minute album, but the VMP pressing states 1xLP and 11 tracks. You're better off picking up a copy from Ninja Tune - The Return by Sampa The Great
The red and green variant sold through Sampa The Great’s bandcamp is definitely better looking than the VMP exclusive!

Not sure what VMP were thinking??? Usually they do a good job with deciding which colour variants should go with the album cover. But this one is a miss...

I mean I know it's not his persona and also that it means absolutely nothing for anyone but me, but my experience with FJM a few years back was hilarious and down-to-earth. he made a scenario where I absolutely goofed a fun one instead of an embarassment.

but I guess that's not what's on the album or the stage, so oh well!

I think a lot of the enjoyment in Father John Misty is accepting the premise. FJM is one of my favorite artist of the past 10 years. His schtick bothers many but his songwriting, in my opinion is above reproach. I have seen him on tour and he puts on a great live show. The only difference between FJM's persona and that of many other rock stars is that he is overtly open about the fact that his persona is largely put upon. His honesty about his fakeness makes people understandably question his authenticity. What's strange to me is that people look at David Bowie or Bob Dylan both of whom are showmen that cultivated persona's around their art and easily accept it all without issue but when it's FJM he is a phony pretentious ass. I think pop music is a bit like pro wrestling. For some, once they find out that its not real they can't enjoy it but for others they can either look past it and enjoy the sheer spectacle of it all or at the very least, are having such a good time with it all they don't really care.

Back