Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I don’t doubt that licensing played a role in what they chose for which track and what was relegated to being a store drop

Not a chance. I’m betting the house that Storf took an executive decision to pick a terrible album as an essential because it allows him to tell an interesting story badly.

Not a chance. I’m betting the house that Storf took an executive decision to pick a terrible album as an essential because it allows him to tell an interesting story badly.
maybe...but there are definitely other albums they wanted to do as a ROTM in the past and they couldn't get the license to press that many copies. so they ended up as store exclusives.

at the end of the day, doesn't matter to me. the store exclusives are given the same type of treatment and are cheaper so this works for me hah

It kinda makes a mockery of the whole album of the month club idea although to be fair they’ve been doing that pretty consistently the last couple of years.

It kinda makes a mockery of the whole album of the month club idea although to be fair they’ve been doing that pretty consistently the last couple of years.
i think people just like to complain haha. releases aren't "essential" enough. VMP doesn't do enough "lost sounds found" type releases, etc.

them doing Nilsson Pussycats in essentials doesn't bother me because it's not like they are only doing that album and ignoring all his other work. the only people it really affects is VMP themselves, when they are stuck with copies of it for years.

maybe...but there are definitely other albums they wanted to do as a ROTM in the past and they couldn't get the license to press that many copies. so they ended up as store exclusives.
I mean I guess that’s one thing if you are printing every other album by the artist. I get them not doing Schmilson because there are a million pressings but on what planet is the label like well give you this many of this one and this one but forget it on this one and this one….
at the end of the day, doesn't matter to me. the store exclusives are given the same type of treatment and are cheaper so this works for me hah
I still don’t understand this line from you. With a code yeah but their exclusives are almost always higher priced than an add on.

It seems more likely that the licensing cost enough that they don’t want to shorten their margins. Which is fine.

And the easiest answer is usually the right answer, they often make bizarre choices cause they want to…

Back