Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Yeah, it’s just absurd. I’ll keep my sub but I pre ordered Impulse almost two years ago. I’m not even sure if my cc company would help mitigate any losses if VMP went belly up.

I’m keeping my sub for the time being .

My sub expires after june, I plan to let it lapse until their is some incentive to come back

If they come in stock and i can get them 40% off again, ill go back for em. Thats literally only reason people are keeping the preorders and not bitching more “well, it was 40% off, ill wait a lil longer”
Yes I only have two preorders still waiting because I got them for 40% off AND I used entirely referral credits for them. Otherwise would have cancelled

Yes I only have two preorders still waiting because I got them for 40% off AND I used entirely referral credits for them. Otherwise would have cancelled

Exactly, i dont see a single person in the discord saying they paid full price for the dead box ($500 after tax) and will keep waiting. Theyre all “well it was 40% off”

Anyway, its pretty clear from this alone that the guys at VMP were under the same assumption we were, that this was a VMP owned facility.

View attachment 202064
I’d say it’s pretty clear that the person writing and approving this magazine article thought that VMP owned it. I’d bet that VMP does not in fact own ALL of the plant, and board didn’t like their own money being spent by Cam for 3 years with no benefit to them. And in actuality, it’s been worse for them to be tied to the plant given all the delays, people cancelling preorders, projects being pulled from other plants because of promises to be pressed at VMpressing, etc. that’s how the complaint reads to me anyway…will be interesting to see the VMPressing side of the story.

I thought you could cancel membership and still receive what you’ve already ordered
I have my year long membership through November I think. Can’t cancel and get a refund on a membership. I have Impulse and I think one other item on preorder with the 40% off and used full store credit on it. So if those never come to fruition, I spend nothing on them. It was all member referral credit, not swap credit.

For some reason people take this suit as VMP is going bankrupt. I truly doubt they are. They likely just want out of the plant now.

For some reason people take this suit as VMP is going bankrupt. I truly doubt they are. They likely just want out of the plant now
Probably not bankrupt but they certainly flew too close to the sun. It’s clear they took on the adage ‘if you’re not growing, you’re dying’ and it backfired. Plenty of labels do fine just existing, I think they need to scale back closer to that model.

Probably not bankrupt but they certainly flew too close to the sun. It’s clear they took on the adage ‘if you’re not growing, you’re dying’ and it backfired. Plenty of labels do fine just existing, I think they need to scale back closer to that model.
I just think half their board didn’t want the plant to begin with. Then when the board realized that more and more money was being sunk into the plant for 3 years without it ever opening, they probably tried to find a way to get out of it. selling stuff pressed at their plant before it’s up and running was a bad idea too

I just think half their board didn’t want the plant to begin with. Then when the board realized that more and more money was being sunk into the plant for 3 years without it ever opening, they probably tried to find a way to get out of it.
This seems likely and is also why the complaint seems full of holes, because it’s weak sauce. The lawyers are probably
Hoping to settle without going to court.

My membership ended a week or so ago - I still have both membership and account credits, I'll hop back in for a 3 month when (if?) they have a couple things I'm interested in. But hell no on rejoining for any longer than that, the VMP plant was a huge reason I jumped
back in 6 months ago.

Not sure how they will make money on this Impulse box. They spent three years working on it, bet they could control manufacturing and pressing costs with their "own" plant and now they will have to press the records somewhere else (it can't be GZ so will have to be an expensive pressing plant) and sell it to customers who bought this with a 40% discount.

Not sure how they will make money on this Impulse box. They spent three years working on it, bet they could control manufacturing and pressing costs with their "own" plant and now they will have to press the records somewhere else (it can't be GZ so will have to be an expensive pressing plant) and sell it to customers who bought this with a 40% discount.
Why can’t it be gz? Miles was gz

I have my year long membership through November I think. Can’t cancel and get a refund on a membership. I have Impulse and I think one other item on preorder with the 40% off and used full store credit on it. So if those never come to fruition, I spend nothing on them. It was all member referral credit, not swap credit.

For some reason people take this suit as VMP is going bankrupt. I truly doubt they are. They likely just want out of the plant now.
Im pretty sure VMP will survive this. I still have a three month essentials sub and two tracks. But being as exposed as I was with the amount of pre orders I had was giving me agita. I wouldn’t feel that way if it hadn’t been for the years long delays on two boxes that I really want.

They would have been so much smarter to wait till something had been pressed there and then told everyone. Or you know pressed something and then put it up for sale.

Literally anything -- a bunch of promo 7" records. A rising artist no one's heard of. Shit, those fucking 7" Chalino records would have been a killer intro and then if it takes 9 mmonths to get going and you have some QC issues you can hand wave them off as growing pains or a learning curve or whatever.

Back