Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

UK is fine. They don’t add the VAT in the basket and it’s customs lottery in Royal Mail but no one on here ever seems to get charged. For some unknown dumb reason they decided to add VAT in basket for EU customers.
Agree I had a big VMP box arrived yesterday (8 records) and no custom charges

Warehouse Sale​

Ends Monday! We have to make room for new items

There are pre-orders in the sale which presumably have not yet arrived in the warehouse lol

Warehouse Sale​

There are pre-orders in the sale which presumably have not yet arrived in the warehouse lol

Most ridiculous part is that Baltimore and Nuff Said ARE in stock, but still listed as pre-order... maybe to avoid further discount? I dunno. But people have definitely already received their copies.

Anyone have an opinion on that Booker T/Mar-keys album?
It's alright. Tunes are funky, sound is about what you'd expect from a live album from that period. Think I'd rather have just tracked down a decent sounding copy of Green Onions instead.

It's perfectly "ok".

I guess if you're a completionist of either band it's a must have. It's my first album from either and just makes me want to pick up albums from both artists, rather than a live album of both.

Last edited:

Warehouse Sale​

It’s fun to see the albums they whiffed on (the $11 dollar albums). Most make sense, biggest surprise to me was Bright Eyes. It seems like a solid pick but obviously the overestimated how many they were gonna sell.

It’s fun to see the albums they whiffed on (the $11 dollar albums). Most make sense, biggest surprise to me was Bright Eyes. It seems like a solid pick but obviously the overestimated how many they were gonna sell.
If you're not into 2000s indie folk rock I can't see this as an album that appeals to the masses. I personally love it, but 2000s indie rock is kinda my thing.

If you're not into 2000s indie folk rock I can't see this as an album that appeals to the masses. I personally love it, but 2000s indie rock is kinda my thing.
True, but Dirty Projectors is barely discounted and certainly Bright Eyes is bigger than them. I just assume that VMPs thinking was similar and printed a lot more Bright Eyes than Dirty Projectors.

I already had a copy that I was perfectly happy with so I passed on it, can't remember if VMP's version was supposed to be a noticeable improvement in sound quality

True, but Dirty Projectors is barely discounted and certainly Bright Eyes is bigger than them. I just assume that VMPs thinking was similar and printed a lot more Bright Eyes than Dirty Projectors.
Probably really overestimated, and you can still get Bright Eyes for cheap ($28 CAD currently).

EDIT: I mean I can still get Dirty Projectors, but it's almost double the price.

It's alright. Tunes are funky, sound is about what you'd expect from a live album from that period. Think I'd rather have just tracked down a decent sounding copy of Green Onions instead.

It's perfectly "ok".

I guess if you're a completionist of either band it's a must have. It's my first album from either and just makes me want to pick up albums from both artists, rather than a live album of both.
Thanks, that's kind of what I expected. I have a few Booker T studio albums so I would probably never reach for this.

Same question on the Ray Charles In Person...worth grabbing for $20?

Most ridiculous part is that Baltimore and Nuff Said ARE in stock, but still listed as pre-order... maybe to avoid further discount? I dunno. But people have definitely already received their copies.
Looks like the discount can be used now. They are showing in stock.

Attachments

• IMG_7722.png
    IMG_7722.png
    626.1 KB · Views: 21

Warehouse Sale​

Those aren’t preorders. They are already in stock. I know because I already received them hah. The nina exclusives are included in this sale now

Edit: I see this was discussed already but the code works now

Back