Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Nope. They pretty much said “a few people from CS ordered it and noticed it was unnumbered too. We might eventually send out an email about it.” 🤣 Sometimes I just have to laugh, VMP is in a detail oriented business but they don’t seem to have many detail oriented people. Whatever, the music on it sounds great.
Man, VMP's casual apathy towards issues is so comical at this point it's borderline parody-tier. Counting down the days till I send in an email about a mistake they made and their response is "Yeah man I don't know, I guess we'll get around to fixing that eventually. Or not. Who knows. What are you, a cop? Fuck you"

VMP's alternate cover for Tennis is streets ahead of the standard release...

The original (slightly creepy) cover ...

View attachment 13076

VMP cover

View attachment 13077
Hell, the alternate cover for The Lemon Of Pink was pretty badass too. I was introduced to the album via VMP so maybe it's because I had no prior connection to the "original" art but I think the VMP art is way better than the original.

Of course, that was 2016 VMP. 2019 VMP would shift this:

tlop1.jpg to this: tlop2.png

and charge $38 for it

fifm (fixed it for me)

my buddies and i get together in January every year to drink bourbon and talk about/listen to our favorite albums of the previous year. this coming Jan we're going to tackle the whole decade so I've been revisiting my top 10 lists from each year. My Woman is likely a top 3 album of the decade for me, with a chance at No. 1 overall.

I recently joined a standing tradition like this with some friends. It's more focused on songs of the year instead of albums. We do a NCAA style tournament with 64 songs (so we each submit 10-11 songs, there being 6 of us) and then they get randomized into the competition. It leads to a lot of funny and frustrating discussions since the notion of songs competing against one another, especially when they are totally different genres, is challenging. It's a ton of fun to see what other people think are the best tracks of the year though, and to see how many of us have the same tracks. There usually isn't too much overlap actually, since the group has diverse tastes.

Comet is Coming’s shipping estimate got pushed back from August to September 🙃

Joel Ross' - Kingmaker has been pushed back to september now as well. I only found out about that and the Comet is Coming because I saw @NewsFedora post and checked my orders. Nice of VMP to email and let us know...... Worth remembering that Kingmaker should have been available a month ago.

Joel Ross' - Kingmaker has been pushed back to september now as well. I only found out about that and the Comet is Coming because I saw @NewsFedora post and checked my orders. Nice of VMP to email and let us know...... Worth remembering that Kingmaker should have been available a month ago.

Yeah this is the one that annoys me. Im ok waiting on the TLC bundle, same as I was on Loretta, as its a truly exclusive pressing and I want it to sound as good as possible. Joel is a color variant of the same thing that is already out there already. No reason for these to keep getting delayed...

Wonder how this affects those of us that swapped for it.

Yeah this is the one that annoys me. Im ok waiting on the TLC bundle, same as I was on Loretta, as its a truly exclusive pressing and I want it to sound as good as possible. Joel is a color variant of the same thing that is already out there already. No reason for these to keep getting delayed...
Wonder how this affects those of us that swapped for it.
I saw Joel Ross live a couple weeks ago and really wanted it so I could get him to sign it. Knew that would be a struggle for VMP to release it near the same general release date.....but September? Embarrassing.

I saw Joel Ross live a couple weeks ago and really wanted it so I could get him to sign it. Knew that would be a struggle for VMP to release it near the same general release date.....but September? Embarrassing.
Between the delays and all of the distributor issues, we're really seeing the industry buckle under itself this year. I fully expect Black Friday RSD to be the shitshow that other RSD was this year.

That’s good to know they’re taking the sound quality seriously. I’m more than happy to wait a few months more just to make sure this TLC pressing sounds great!
i mean that's all well and good but, and I'll say it again for the 1,000th time...WHY put reissues on sale months in advance of shipping? they should get the product in hand, listen to it to make sure it sounds right, and THEN put it in the store. not only will this avoid these types of delays, but wouldn't you as the customer be way more psyched to find out that "hey we have an exclusive reissue of TLC and guess what? if you order it today you'll get it next month!"?

Back