Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

So what do we think it'll be? Here's a wild stab in the dark:

- Workin' with the Miles Davis Quintet (A Prestige album of the Great quintet and Workin' didn't get done by AP so that one makes some sense.)
- Kind of Blue (This seems essential to any Miles Anthology)
- Quiet Nights (Need a Gil Evans colab and Quiet Nights doesn't have a recent reissue, so that makes sense)
- Nefertiti (Need a Second Quintet album and Nefertiti is my fav)
- In a Silent Way (This seems essential and because Storf said so?)
- Get Up With It (Need a Fusion album and Get Up With It only has a MOV reissue)
- Dark Magus? (Figure there will be a Live album of some sort; don't think this one has been done recently)
- Music From Siesta? (An 80s album but all the Columbia ones are getting reissued right now, so...?)

Hope this would be it. I have an Amazon blue exclusive KoB but none of the others. Worse case for me would be KoB, Sketches of Spain, and Bitches Brew in it because I have those 3

Hope this would be it. I have an Amazon blue exclusive KoB but none of the others. Worse case for me would be KoB, Sketches of Spain, and Bitches Brew in it because I have those 3
I am hopeful that with In a Silent Way "confirmed" that means there won't be Bitches Brew since it is a similar era and with the length of Miles' career, you won't be able to spend too much time on any one particular era.

From my Miles wishlist, would love a great copy of Miles Ahead (the first Gil Evans collab) and one of the live albums from the late 60s/early 70s that's not Live Evil or Black Beauty.

I have a lot of Miles so part of me is hoping that this will be like 5-7 repeats for me and I can pass.

Some good picks for TBT this week but keep in mind the popular ones will be gone in seconds.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-12-07 at 1.15.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-07 at 1.15.18 PM.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 33
  • Screen Shot 2022-12-07 at 1.15.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-07 at 1.15.28 PM.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 33
Honeybear is the only one I’d want to try and snag. My copy of that album is horrendous sounding.

Liking that stonewall…I found this recent release that looks to be same pressing and I love the splatter of this one

Liking that stonewall…I found this recent release that looks to be same pressing and I love the splatter of this one

I was able to order one direct from Permanent Records a few moments ago for just over $30 shipped….

Back