Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

VMP's going to reset my swap and send me a replacement copy of Low End Theory. Thanks for the encouragement!

I'm sorry, but why would they reset your swap? Aren't you due both records? Your swap(I'm assuming this month's) and ATCQ was anothe rmonth no? 🤔

I'm sorry, but why would they reset your swap? Aren't you due both records? Your swap(I'm assuming this month's) and ATCQ was anothe rmonth no? 🤔
I swapped Justice for Low End Theory so I wouldn't miss out it since USPS gave my record to someone else. I only have the Essentials track.

I swapped Justice for Low End Theory so I wouldn't miss out it since USPS gave my record to someone else. I only have the Essentials track.
VMP should send you a replacement copy. It would be no different than if a porch pirate stole it off your stoop. Their prices are too high and their packaging is terrible but for the most part, VMP has excellent Customer Service. You shouldn’t have to repurchase Tribe unless you want two copies.

VMP should send you a replacement copy. It would be no different than if a porch pirate stole it off your stoop. Their prices are too high and their packaging is terrible but for the most part, VMP has excellent Customer Service. You shouldn’t have to repurchase Tribe unless you want two copies.
They did. I asked yesterday and they said they'd send one out today and reset my swap. They did me right.

Does anyone know where else the Fashion Nugget reissue is available?
Loads of places. If you have a good local they should get it in. But it's on Amazon, Deep Discount, and all the usual suspects if you want to go with a bigger store. Elusive Disc had it but pulled it because they wanted to make sure they wouldn't oversell. I'm sure Acoustic Sounds will have it up soon if they don't already. Mostly US shops (not sure where you're located).

Loads of places. If you have a good local they should get it in. But it's on Amazon, Deep Discount, and all the usual suspects if you want to go with a bigger store. Elusive Disc had it but pulled it because they wanted to make sure they wouldn't oversell. I'm sure Acoustic Sounds will have it up soon if they don't already. Mostly US shops (not sure where you're located).

Thanks @MikeH. I'm in Australia mate. It's not available here yet, so I just need to weigh up costs from some different stores in the US. Whoever ships it cheapest is where I'll probably grab it.

Last edited:
I am the first to call out VMP on their nonsense, but I’m also willing to give kudos. After a five month break, I rejoined for May and got Phineas, Tribe, Aretha, and The Meters. All pressed at GZ. Miraculously no warps, no distortion, no surface noise, no issues. Great music, great mastering, great pressings. As it should be.

Tempted to try my luck again with Patsy and Johnnie Taylor.

I am the first to call out VMP on their nonsense, but I’m also willing to give kudos. After a five month break, I rejoined for May and got Phineas, Tribe, Aretha, and The Meters. All pressed at GZ. Miraculously no warps, no distortion, no surface noise, no issues. Great music, great mastering, great pressings. As it should be.

Tempted to try my luck again with Patsy and Johnnie Taylor.
Aretha and the meters are both really awesome. I had damage to both sleeves and VMP sent me new copies of both, the records were both great though and no issues with them.

My Meters (Exclusive, not Essentials) had a minor dish warp that a weight was able to keep in check and there were a couple of isolated pops in Tribe that hopefully a good cleaning will resolve. But otherwise... yeah kudos on VMP. Whatever quality control issue they had with Gz seems to be resolved.

Now if only they went back and recalled/repressed Wu and Public Enemy like they did for OutKast...

Back