Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Picked up Axelrod, with Leon Spencer being the only title missing from that Jazz Dispensary collection. I think I bought all but one (DeJohnette) on TBT. :)

$45 is crazy for a single LP record. That's more than Tone Poets which have a better presentation IMO.

TBH it's not that different than what the Tone Poets sell for in Europe. Not sure what you'r meaning by presentation, but I would say this is as good as a Town Poet from sound to packaging. It's a great album. (It would be nice if it was cheaper though)

TBH it's not that different than what the Tone Poets sell for in Europe. Not sure what you'r meaning by presentation, but I would say this is as good as a Town Poet from sound to packaging. It's a great album. (It would be nice if it was cheaper though)
Yeah, I completely agree here. My local has single LP Tone Poet's priced at £37 a pop. Those in the series that don't sell out settle for around £30 on ebay as a buy it now. I tend to wait nowadays until offers come up but getting one I want for around £27 is what I consider a win (mad really but relatively speaking)

I have all of those VMP Prestige releases but timed it so I either got them discounted or used credit (I believe a couple made it to Swaps as well). The quality is certainly high. They sound fantastic and the jackets are thick with nice prints. If you are into coloured vinyl then that's a bonus too as they are all coloured.

TP list price here is $39 but then you can almost always find them for at least 20% off at Udiscover.

I find the prices on those VMP Jazz dispensary titles to be astronomical. Especially considering that the regular non-VMP jazz dispensary titles are $25 here. I contemplated getting the Leon Spencer yesterday and couldn’t bring myself to do it. I have the Axelrod one but only because I found it for really cheap on eBay and was the only bidder

I think the Jazz Dispensary titles were really well done. From packaging to the mastering and pressing. With that said, they're really overpriced. I think $35 would be fair, $45 is silly. But I still bought three of them so I can't really talk...

I think it's too much, but comparing to others, particularly in the UK, they're not that bad. AP title are all $40 each but cost a lot more to get shipped to the UK. I do think they are on par with the Tone Poets, which is about the same price. Heavy RTI vinyl, well mastered with good quality jackets.

I think it's too much, but comparing to others, particularly in the UK, they're not that bad. AP title are all $40 each but cost a lot more to get shipped to the UK. I do think they are on par with the Tone Poets, which is about the same price. Heavy RTI vinyl, well mastered with good quality jackets.
I still think VMP makes the most sense for international customers over US customers. If I lived in the UK or abroad, I'd probably be a subscriber still.

The disconnect for me on these is that all the other jazz dispensary titles in the US are $25 or less. Same quality pressings and jackets. So it just seems like I'm paying nearly twice as much for an exclusive color and it being limited. I'm assuming the other Jazz Dispensary titles (like the recent represses) are harder to find in UK/Europe though.

I still think VMP makes the most sense for international customers over US customers. If I lived in the UK or abroad, I'd probably be a subscriber still.

The disconnect for me on these is that all the other jazz dispensary titles in the US are $25 or less. Same quality pressings and jackets. So it just seems like I'm paying nearly twice as much for an exclusive color and it being limited. I'm assuming the other Jazz Dispensary titles (like the recent represses) are harder to find in UK/Europe though.

Sadly, I think the $40-45 range is becoming the standard rate for single LP audiophile release with top mastering \ cutting engineer, Tip-on jacket, poly sleeve, original artwork, etc. At least 4 out of the 5 they were kind of enough to include an Obi. :)

Intervention Records ($40), Speakers Corner ($42), Pure Pleasure ($42), Analogue Productions ($40), and lots of the MOFI in the $40 range.

Not justifying or disagreeing, more lamenting that prices are just nuts these days all around for anything halfway decent. There are very few bang for the buck new releases.

Sadly, I think the $40-45 range is becoming the standard rate for single LP audiophile release with top mastering \ cutting engineer, Tip-on jacket, poly sleeve, original artwork, etc. At least 4 out of the 5 they were kind of enough to include an Obi. :)

Intervention Records ($40), Speakers Corner ($42), Pure Pleasure ($42), Analogue Productions ($40), and lots of the MOFI in the $40 range.

Not justifying or disagreeing, more lamenting that prices are just nuts these days all around for anything halfway decent. There are very few bang for the buck new releases.
Don’t wanna jinx it, but Craft is pretty consistently releasing $20-30 AAA releases pressed at RTI with nice jackets. Probably like Rhino in that they aren’t paying to license but still. $45+ is on the high side. And considering it’s a Craft release and VMP was charging this price almost 2 years ago, it’s just hard for me to justify it

I get what you're saying & I haven't got enough Jazz dispensary titles to compare, but I did get the latest RSD one & packaging and vinyl is a lot more lightweight, still done at RTI. I think with the VMP titles they are the premium pressing, almost like Blue Note Classic compared to Tone Poet but not quite. I'm sure there are other Jazz Dispensary titles that are done of the same quality for a lot cheaper but I think that is happening less & less. (unfortunately)

Back