Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Reddit seems convinced there'll be more in the TBT stock. I'm pretty sure that preview tweet is gonna be everything the same way their swaps previews show everything available...
I doubt it.

There's a hefty amount there, just people were expecting every ROTM to come back in stock.

Personally my wife wants Sivuca, and unless somehow Heavy Axe comes in stock I think that's the only thing I'm going to pick up.

It is live and it is underwhelming.

Eh,
I missed out on Donald Byrd and Sivuca and was able to circle back and nab those. There's some decent enough stuff if you managed to miss out on them the first time.

I was told there would be more "secret" stock, where's the secret stock!?

Looking over this list I feel like most of these have either been in stock for a while or were in stock long enough that if you wanted them they could have been had!

Tell that to the $90 I spent on Jazz Dispensary titles...Sorcery and Spencer. Just 1 Axelrod away from the set.
keep an eye on ebay...I have seen a few under list price. I managed to buy one for $30 shipped a few months ago. it's the only one i have in the series since I thought $50 non-member price was way too steep.

I expect the flash sale to be completely underwhelming and the TBT to anger 99% of Reddit when any hot-ticket items sell out 5 minutes before the emails and text messages go out.

Well VMP proved me wrong with a decent flash sale last week, but that TBT went exactly as expected.

Well VMP proved me wrong with a decent flash sale last week, but that TBT went about exactly as expected.

some of the TBT titles were decent but as usual, the reddit crowd (and VMP) overhyped it. I think there were just a lot of titles that people already had. the jazz dispensary titles coming back were nice. and a few other interesting albums but don't really think it was some kinda restock of the year like it was hyped up to be. a lot of stuff is also available cheaper just on black vinyl (like all those Bethlehem jazz titles, the MPS, and a few other albums).

Yeah but a lot of titles like Donna Summer, Alicia Keys, and Empire Strikes Back were gone before the clock struck noon (and VMP’s text didn’t even go out for another 10 minutes). Since they hyped up this thing they should’ve given it a new sales page link. Instead people were F5ing the 404 page until it worked several minutes before noon.

I wasn’t getting anything so it didn’t affect me personally, but the outcome was wholly predictable.

Weirdly the Axelrod is the only one of the set not to have an OBI. Not sure why, I think I asked the question at one point but never got an answer.

View attachment 133356
This would kill me to the point I would either sell the whole set or repurchase the Axelrod LP with the obi. It would make me angry every time I reached for any of these records.

Back