Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Is it only available through VMP? That's one hell of an exclusive if it's not being done elsewhere. I don't think it's really been re-issued on vinyl, I've been looking for a decent copy for years.

With VMP who knows! That being said with 5000 copies it might be worth holding out a while see if it pops up elsewhere!

I can't believe that Grimes sold out, I think I grabbed my copy for like $15...oh and for some reason I also have it on cassette... Can't remember the last time I listened to it...big fan!

the song released off this sounds great but FUCK thats expensive.
$38 from the label i believe (they also have a limited to 500 pressing). and the black vinyl should be available elsewhere for same price. think it's a pretty wide release.

Doesn't say AAA but it is mono, which is not cheap to find an OG version of. The OG stereos are a dime a dozen, and not digital.

TBH I've struggled to find a decent OG stereo cheap, most are VG and anything VG+ has been quite expensive for a few years.

I can't speak for availability in the UK, but around the states I see them a lot. For instance:

Yeah, it's a different market, I bet you have loads of copies in second hand stores, not widely released outside of America by the looks of it.

For me this is a way long overdue re-isssue, especially considering the amount of crap that is reissued every few years. The 4 Men with Beards copy doesn't really count, I'm not sure what the Aussie pressing is like. I've been wanting a decent copy of this for years, but never wanted to spend £50 on it.

That listing you pointed to is literally the cheapest VG+ on Cogs & with shipping & tax is considerably more expensive than getting the VMP version to the UK. With my luck the sellers idea of a VG+ is a VG at best. To get a NM copy, I don't think there's anything under $50, cheapest to get to the UK would be about $67

There's only 3 vinyl copies for sale on cogs in the UK, G, G+ & VG. They are still asking $11 +shipping for a trashed copy. Although the description is brilliant, 'buy with confidence'

If it sounds anywhere near as good as that Young, Gifted & Black reissue Rhino put out last year (which was also digital not AAA) then it is well worth the $30. That YG&B cut by Kevin Gray is awesome sounding.
that's one of the albums i point to when people insist that digitally sourced records don't sound good.

that's one of the albums i point to when people insist that digitally sourced records don't sound good.

The Kevin Gray cut of Deep Purple's Machine Head bests any original US pressing I've heard too. Granted I haven't heard any UK originals which I'm sure are the best.

Y'all get that Claudia Thompson in the TBT restock. Excellent album, excellent pressing, and excellent story behind it (with an update soon to come 👀 )

Back