Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I did this. They are getting a lot of complaints about it and are contacting the manufacturer. They offered me a refund, so I appreciated their diligence on this. Upset, but they made it right and I don't blame them for a widespread pressing issue.
Hoping they offer me the same resolution

What do i absolutely need tomorrow? Sonny Rollins, Brittany Howard, Kindnes? Please help.

You need a copy of Brittany Howard, for sure. You just have to decide which variant you want. The Sonny Rollins album is an all-timer, but the current OJC version from Concord is great already. If the VMP version has special packaging, then by all means pick it up.

That’s... a very interesting decision, lol. I’ve never seen them do that before.
I'm sure it's more like... they had already ordered that number before Outkast and they probably have enough to cover what came in last month (with some replacement stock) and just want to be sure they have enough before they open it up. I swapped out. I bet some will be available later. Unless all those that jumped in for Outkast stick with that sub.

I bet they didn't know far enough in advance to change the number for the next month.

You need a copy of Brittany Howard, for sure. You just have to decide which variant you want. The Sonny Rollins album is an all-timer, but the current OJC version from Concord is great already. If the VMP version has special packaging, then by all means pick it up.

I was about to ask if this Rollins release is going to be any different than the recent Prestige or waxtime releases. Those seem to be readily available for maybe 5 bucks less.

Yeah, I got one too. It arrived today, but unfortunately, I scored the trifecta - bent/creased mailer and record sleeve, warped record, and the popping noise is still there.

@scotthilk - did they offer you a refund or credit? Because this month’s ROTMs aren’t grabbing me (tho’ I can handle getting Jorge Ben), I am inclined to cancel my annual even with SK coming next month. But if I’m going to have credits, I might have to stick around so they don’t disappear...and so I can get free shipping when I use ‘em.

Yeah, I got one too. It arrived today, but unfortunately, I scored the trifecta - bent/creased mailer and record sleeve, warped record, and the popping noise is still there.

@scotthilk - did they offer you a refund or credit? Because this month’s ROTMs aren’t grabbing me (tho’ I can handle getting Jorge Ben), I am inclined to cancel my annual even with SK coming next month. But if I’m going to have credits, I might have to stick around so they don’t disappear...and so I can get free shipping when I use ‘em.

Crap, I just remembered that I got Stars as a swap, so I’ll probably get credits no matter what.

Just out of sheer curiosity, does anyone have a ballpark idea of how many subscribers VMP has? In general, and specifically RHH? Trying to rough guesstimate how many actual records they are pressing.
They claim 30,000, but I’d wager that’s for all three tracks combined and included people who subscribe to all three tracks as 3 people and not 1. I’d also imagine that’s a number they hover around.

Both Classics and RHH are somewhere between 1,000 and 9,999 from the hints I’ve seen elsewhere. Some of the runs that are alleged to be 5k or more have not sold out, so I’d guess 4-6k for each and 15-20k for Essentials.

I’d also guess that there’s a lot of overlap between the side tracks and the main sub.

They offered me a choice. I picked refund.

That Kindness album looks good, killer features list. I'll probably pick that up. Already ordered the deluxe Brittany Howard that's much cooler looking. I'm excited to see the animated zoetrope labels on it, makes the price difference worth it to Me.

Back