Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I'm wondering if I ask for another replacement. I'm guessing other folks received copies that don't have these audio issues and are perfectly flat?
Mine has the usual 'looks like they got pissed up then put the label on in a room with the lights out' issue and the odd tiny, light click but nothing horrible. It's alreet. Good pick

Also good luck to everyone on Ask The Ages. If you have any issues with vinyl looks like you’ll have to wait until they get more stock in the next couple weeks. My side A had distortion the entire side even after cleaning which sucks. Matty told me I had to wait to see if they will have enough replacements. Bad week for exclusives for me agh!

Also good luck to everyone on Ask The Ages. If you have any issues with vinyl looks like you’ll have to wait until they get more stock in the next couple weeks. My side A had distortion the entire side even after cleaning which sucks. Matty told me I had to wait to see if they will have enough replacements. Bad week for exclusives for me agh!
I was told they didn't have any at all and refunded the amount as credit. It wasn't a major issue with mine, just a few pops at the end of the first track. Luckily it's an isolated couple as the track fades out, but seeing as they bumped their prices up I tend to flag it up anyway and wasn't actually expecting any credit. Interesting to know that they are getting replacements in at some point though, it was Tyler than responded to me and he just straight up said he put credit in my account as they had totally run out of replacements.

Edit: Have to say though that apart from that slight issue it is a fantastic pressing. Really killer album and I hope they will look at releasing similar ones in the future.

I was told they didn't have any at all and refunded the amount as credit. It wasn't a major issue with mine, just a few pops at the end of the first track. Luckily it's an isolated couple as the track fades out, but seeing as they bumped their prices up I tend to flag it up anyway and wasn't actually expecting any credit. Interesting to know that they are getting replacements in at some point though, it was Tyler than responded to me and he just straight up said he put credit in my account as they had totally run out of replacements.

Edit: Have to say though that apart from that slight issue it is a fantastic pressing. Really killer album and I hope they will look at releasing similar ones in the future.
Still waiting for my first copy, sigh

Still waiting for my first copy, sigh
Same! Mine hasn't even shipped yet so I'm going to email VMP to let them know that I'll be waiting, and for them to make sure I get a copy before sending other people's replacements as I really don't want to miss out on this one because of an inventory issue!

What’s the reason they can’t repress though? Unless it’s their fault, they won’t be losing money right? Just will take a lot longer to get it reprinted. I ordered it almost instantly too which stinks because some people got it already.

Yeah, this is the part that doesn't make sense - "unable to pursue"?!?! WTF does that even mean other than they're *choosing* to not do it. The only other explanation I can think of is that the carrier lost it but so far is refusing to reimburse, and VMP doesn't want to spend additional $$$ out of their own pocket to make it right.

Just as a counter-example, this is the email I got from Levitation when the Kikagaku Moyo Live variant I ordered encountered a transit mishap -

"They were pressed, and looked amazing, but inexplicably they have been lost in a warehouse while in transit to us. We're trying to recover them, but in the meantime we've had an additional 500 pressed to fulfill orders. We're very sorry for the situation, in all our years of making records, this has never happened.

We now expect the new pressing to arrive here early February and at that point we will have them shipped out to you ASAP. Thank you again for your support and patience.

The other two pressings were not affected by this crazy situation, but if your order included both your order won't ship until all items in your purchase are available.

Please enjoy a complimentary digital download of the record (out tomorrow) while you wait."

Hey @NathanRicaud ,when you have a chance can you check stock on the Sparklehorse boxset and The Avalanches for me, please?

Swapped Freddie Knight for store credit which I'll put towards Sparklehorse if stocks last until my credit is applied.

I swear to Boognish that I ordered the VMP variant of The Avalanches the day it went on sale but it's not in my order history and I checked my payment history on all my methods but nothing adds up. I have passed on buying locally several times because I was positive it was coming in my January box.

Speaking of which, still waiting on my January box to turn up and I thought I'd check my order history to track the shipping. I see that this feature is still broken for me as anytime I click the the Track My Package link it just sends me back to my Membership screen. Does this happen to anyone else?

There are 245 box sets left for the Sparklehorse and 747 copies left for The Avalanches “We Will Always Love You”! Both a lot of stock left for both products, so there’s no stress about any of them running out of stock anytime soon!

The Avalanches will only sell out if it goes on sale for a cheaper price or if it ends up in the next Swaptions for March when Kid Cudi is the Essentials ROTM! Sparklehorse would probably sell out due to word of mouth that the pressing sounds great and the fact that his albums need to be repressed, but it’ll take a while for it to sell out! Avalanches though...needs to be reduced in price!

In regards to the tracking number link, it sometimes works for me and other times doesn’t! My January box has arrived in Sydney, Australia but I haven’t received it yet. I should be receiving the box in Melbourne early next week hopefully via DHL!

All these talks of skips...that's like rookie stuff. This blue vinyl copy of Talking Heads Speaking in Tongues I have would like to have a word. I don't think there's a copy of it in the world that doesn't have random skips on Burning Down the House.

My copy has a skip in the exact middle of BDTH and then is perfect otherwise. Which is... infuriating. I ordered a second copy, but am not optimistic. Fucking hell, Rhino.

I'm on my second copy now. I've checked a TON of reviews and I'd say more than half have the same problem. The skips are never in the same place either...just at some point in BDTH you're going to skip. I've cleaned both copies, and the skips really do not seem to be in the same place. I'm now convinced that if I want to listen to BDTH and Naive Melody on vinyl then I'm going to have to listen to my copy of American Utopia (still fantastic but I'd still like the studio versions).

EDIT: I've gotten mine from my local record store and I think at some point I'm just going to live with it instead of being that guy that just returns records all the time. I think it's a pressing wide issue.
I am awaiting a replacement copy of this myself right now... Definitely not what I wanted to read :(

There are 245 box sets left for the Sparklehorse and 747 copies left for The Avalanches “We Will Always Love You”! Both a lot of stock left for both products, so there’s no stress about any of them running out of stock anytime soon!

The Avalanches will only sell out if it goes on sale for a cheaper price or if it ends up in the next Swaptions for March when Kid Cudi is the Essentials ROTM! Sparklehorse would probably sell out due to word of mouth that the pressing sounds great and the fact that his albums need to be repressed, but it’ll take a while for it to sell out! Avalanches though...needs to be reduced in price!

In regards to the tracking number link, it sometimes works for me and other times doesn’t! My January box has arrived in Sydney, Australia but I haven’t received it yet. I should be receiving the box in Melbourne early next week hopefully via DHL!
That Sparklehorse is getting into swaps territory...

That Sparklehorse is getting into swaps territory...
You think so? If not, they’ll just discount it to to like $120 or something for it to sell! I doubt they’ll put it as a Swaption. They will just reduce it to like $100-$120 for it to sell!

You think so? If not, they’ll just discount it to to like $120 or something for it to sell! I doubt they’ll put it as a Swaption. They will just reduce it to like $100-$120 for it to sell!

I think if they do it, it'll be 10-20 copies in swaps just to jump up FOMO & remind people it's available (it's a very small % of members who do stock checks & know there are 200+ copies). Regardless, I'll happily jump in if/when they drop it to a more reasonable price. Sparklehorse was amazing, but I'm not paying $200 for 4 albums.

I think if they do it, it'll be 10-20 copies in swaps just to jump up FOMO & remind people it's available (it's a very small % of members who do stock checks & know there are 200+ copies). Regardless, I'll happily jump in if/when they drop it to a more reasonable price. Sparklehorse was amazing, but I'm not paying $200 for 4 albums.
Yeah except the box is amazing and I love it so much.

Same! Mine hasn't even shipped yet so I'm going to email VMP to let them know that I'll be waiting, and for them to make sure I get a copy before sending other people's replacements as I really don't want to miss out on this one because of an inventory issue!

Most of us have been getting it shipped in our January boxes. Definitely hit them up if your January shipment came Sharrock-less.

(as an aside, I expect my January box to arrive on February 1 at the earliest. Wheee...)

Most of us have been getting it shipped in our January boxes. Definitely hit them up if your January shipment came Sharrock-less.

(as an aside, I expect my January box to arrive on February 1 at the earliest. Wheee...)
Yeah, I’ve just sent them email so hopefully they get back to me next week! I know there’s a delay on some of the orders so I’m probably just in that group of the Sonny Sharrock which was delayed! My Sonny Sharrock being further delayed is totally fine with me; just want to make sure I will be receiving a copy! Especially after hearing everyone who has a copy saying that the pressing sounds great and is better than the precious 45RPM reissue pressing! No way can I miss out on this exclusive!

Mine had a handful of nasty pops in that exact same spot too. I just wonder if the stamper was dirty or something. It’s at least in much better condition than the 45 rpm pressing. That was riddled with surface noise. The VMP sounds better to me too, it’s a pretty great sounding album.

Back