Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

All these talks of skips...that's like rookie stuff. This blue vinyl copy of Talking Heads Speaking in Tongues I have would like to have a word. I don't think there's a copy of it in the world that doesn't have random skips on Burning Down the House.

All these talks of skips...that's like rookie stuff. This blue vinyl copy of Talking Heads Speaking in Tongues I have would like to have a word. I don't think there's a copy of it in the world that doesn't have random skips on Burning Down the House.
My copy has a skip in the exact middle of BDTH and then is perfect otherwise. Which is... infuriating. I ordered a second copy, but am not optimistic. Fucking hell, Rhino.

My copy has a skip in the exact middle of BDTH and then is perfect otherwise. Which is... infuriating. I ordered a second copy, but am not optimistic. Fucking hell, Rhino.
I'm on my second copy now. I've checked a TON of reviews and I'd say more than half have the same problem. The skips are never in the same place either...just at some point in BDTH you're going to skip. I've cleaned both copies, and the skips really do not seem to be in the same place. I'm now convinced that if I want to listen to BDTH and Naive Melody on vinyl then I'm going to have to listen to my copy of American Utopia (still fantastic but I'd still like the studio versions).

EDIT: I've gotten mine from my local record store and I think at some point I'm just going to live with it instead of being that guy that just returns records all the time. I think it's a pressing wide issue.

I'm on my second copy now. I've checked a TON of reviews and I'd say more than half have the same problem. The skips are never in the same place either...just at some point in BDTH you're going to skip. I've cleaned both copies, and the skips really do not seem to be in the same place. I'm now convinced that if I want to listen to BDTH and Naive Melody on vinyl then I'm going to have to listen to my copy of American Utopia (still fantastic but I'd still like the studio versions).

EDIT: I've gotten mine from my local record store and I think at some point I'm just going to live with it instead of being that guy that just returns records all the time. I think it's a pressing wide issue.
I'll give my copy another listen today but I didn't hear a skip when I played it the first time.

I'm on my second copy now. I've checked a TON of reviews and I'd say more than half have the same problem. The skips are never in the same place either...just at some point in BDTH you're going to skip. I've cleaned both copies, and the skips really do not seem to be in the same place. I'm now convinced that if I want to listen to BDTH and Naive Melody on vinyl then I'm going to have to listen to my copy of American Utopia.
How bizarre for Rhino - usually they are quite reliable quality-wise. I have the regular black version of this from 2013 (Talking Heads - Speaking In Tongues) and it's great.

in addition to my needles jumping around on the first side (i tried on three different TTs) my side two is covered with melted vinyl pieces rendering it unplayable. quite a garbage pressing all around.

Back