Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

"Move it.....Move it....." Loleatta Holloway "Cry To Me" VMP exclusive. Arm is sitting in the 'up' position....

should we blame PRP (which is probably just another plant of Gz or United). or should we blame saddle creek

People on cogs listing Idles Ultra Mono VMP with pictures and actual printed numbers, is this going out currently? Haven't seen any indication it's in stock...

People on cogs listing Idles Ultra Mono VMP with pictures and actual printed numbers, is this going out currently? Haven't seen any indication it's in stock...
Huh, now I'm reading that the VMP and Rough Trade exclusives are both cut as essentially mono. I have the "true mono" clear Partisan and the "narrow stereo" black yolk in clear Rough Trade. I did notice that my mono switch doesn't do much on the RT. I would like to hear the stereo cut, but I don't know that I have the patience to buy a third copy of the this record atm. I don't mind the options but I don't appreciate the (willful?) confusiion.

Huh, now I'm reading that the VMP and Rough Trade exclusives are both cut as essentially mono. I have the "true mono" clear Partisan and the "narrow stereo" black yolk in clear Rough Trade. I did notice that my mono switch doesn't do much on the RT. I would like to hear the stereo cut, but I don't know that I have the patience to buy a third copy of the this record atm. I don't mind the options but I don't appreciate the (willful?) confusiion.
I was wondering about that. I actually kinda hoped it was mono, but I don't care too much either way as long as it sounds good. It's Grundman so it should as long as whomever pressed it didn't fuck it up.

-shoots serious side eye at GZ-

I was wondering about that. I actually kinda hoped it was mono, but I don't care too much either way as long as it sounds good. It's Grundman so it should as long as whomever pressed it didn't fuck it up.

-shoots serious side eye at GZ-
I think the mono sounds great, actually. I just wouldn't have pre-ordered two mono variants at the same time, if that is indeed what happened. I haven't taken the time to A/B the "true mono" and "narrow stereo" cuts, but my general impression is that they are pretty similar.

i didn't buy it from VMP but does minecraft volume beta have an intentional record skipping effect at the end of side C?

(yeah its intentional.. this record fucked with my brain with its vinyl gimmicks)

Last edited:
Have they shipped your Dead set yet?
Who's to say? Perhaps there's an alternate reality Mather out there, with a house full of flat records, listening to his Dead box right now while idly running his hands through the faux cat fur on his newly delivered and not at all lost in the mail Meow The Jewels...

Or maybe that Mather is just as fucked as this Mather.

Last edited:
Who's to say? Perhaps there's an alternate reality Mather out there, with a house full of flat records, listening to his Dead box right now while idly running his hands through the faux cat fur on his newly delivered and not at all lost in the mail Meow The Jewels...

Or maybe that Mather is just as fucked as this Mather is.
That's insane. Maybe it's genius. Start fire burning with rumours that their finances have gone to shit because they pressed 5000 Dead boxes but in reality they're sitting pretty because it turns out they didn't press any.

Back