Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I’ve actually never been so excited for the ROTM announcement, as we still don’t know what the Rap & Hip-Hop or Classics ROTM are!?!? 😱

Also, I hope we get some surprises in the next few days! I remember VMP kinda teasing on Twitter that a John Lee Hooker Serve You Right to Suffer repress was in the works! 😍

I’m so excited, and I just can’t hide it! 😜😎😄🤣

I haven’t watched Crossroads with Britney Spears’ in it, but I already hate the movie because the two shit songs from that movie which were released (I’m Not A Girl, Yet Not A Woman & I Love Rock N Roll) made it into Britney Spears’ 3rd album Britney! 😩😩😩

And those two tracks, along with one other track, are the only duds on the albums! 🦅

I unfortunately have...but only because there is a Rifftrax for it.

It was one of the first they did, so it's just Mike Nelson.

It's been years since I've seen it, but i think i have a burned DVD of it somewhere.

Last edited:
It really is, the fucking assholes XD

I think I’m going to save 2 of them for main track SWAPs for future months. I still haven’t come around to $33 swaps
Vinyl Me Please knew this was the right time to increase their prices for the add-on subs! Even though it was a dramatic increase, I think all three releases are well worth USD$33, especially the Spiritualized and Ghostface Killah ROTM's! I am so happy with the picks this month! I've got the biggest smile on my face! 😁🥰😁

Vinyl Me Please knew this was the right time to increase their prices for the add-on subs! Even though it was a dramatic increase, I think all three releases are well worth USD$33, especially the Spiritualized and Ghostface Killah ROTM's! I am so happy with the picks this month! I've got the biggest smile on my face! 😁🥰😁
I keep telling myself I bought The Infamous for $31 almost a year ago w/o batting an eye, but somehow this feels criminal!

But that is not until next month, and I am quite excited to pay for these three albums this month.

It does kinda have that feeling about it like in the alien invasion movies where the Heroes have tried all the regular guns and they haven't worked... so they send for the Big F'n Gun

“$33 isn’t THAT bad for this album I never felt compelled to own on vinyl before...”

This is my last month so I'm getting Spiritualized anyway. My issue with price is being locked in and getting crap with no swaps. If this is good and I buy it and end up never listening to it, I have the piece of mind that I can usually resell VMP versions for at least what they cost.. signing up for three months of unknown for the new premium is another issue all together.

But I thought the same thing, the fomo has been real for a while and people may want to gradually back away.

Not to mention there doesn't seem to be a comparable club to go to that is quite as diverse.

“$33 isn’t THAT bad for this album I never felt compelled to own on vinyl before...”
I would have been down for the Rollins no question for $23, but I'm having to mull it over for $33. I'm pickier about pre-'60 jazz and this one obviously doesn't blow me away as much as Saxophone Colossus for instance. Knowing that I would have probably sought out a different Rollins album, like Vol. 2 or different hard bop albums first doesn't help either I guess.

I would have been down for the Rollins no question for $23, but I'm having to mull it over for $33. I'm pickier about pre-'60 jazz and this one obviously doesn't blow me away as much as Saxophone Colossus for instance. Knowing that I would have probably sought out a different Rollins album, like Vol. 2 or different hard bop albums first doesn't help either I guess.
For $43-$33 (price of a month membership or add on) you can probably grab a Japanese reissue of Sonny Rollins at the Village Vanguard, which is 100% much more of a "Classic" than this one

Back