Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

If you can get hold of a copy of the pure pleasure press I have that one, it wasn’t that expensive and sounds infinitely better to the fat possom al green presses. It isn’t on colour but meh!

Yeah I snagged it in May of last year from the Pure Pleasure site along with Al Green "Explores Your Mind" for only £12.40 each - it came out to $55 total w/ shipping to the US.

Yeah I snagged it in May of last year from the Pure Pleasure site along with Al Green "Explores Your Mind" for only £12.40 each - it came out to $55 total w/ shipping to the US.

I did the same thing, postage was a little less though lol!

For anyone who is interested it’s still £12.40 direct from pure pleasure.

Good pressing from good companies rather than shitty pressings from a shower of shitbags.

Good pressing from good companies rather than shitty pressings from a shower of shitbags.
I wish... $60 CAD delivered.

It's available on US Amazon for $23.94 as well.

For those wanting to avoid VMP, might be worth waiting to see if Fat Possum puts out their own though, that would be great news like @mitchwagz said.

It's available on US Amazon for $23.94 as well.

For those wanting to avoid VMP, might be worth waiting to see if Fat Possum puts out their own though, that would be great news like @mitchwagz said.

If you can get the pure pleasure for $23 on amazon I’d jump. No confidence that fat possom could get within a million miles on it.

If you can get the pure pleasure for $23 on amazon I’d jump. No confidence that fat possom could get within a million miles on it.
I just meant if FP puts out a standard variant of the RS AAA version that VMP does, since it is a FP release. Otherwise I would certainly agree with you normally on FP releases, that's why I didn't pick up Still In Love With You.

Seen some reports about Tired of Being Alone sounding bad on Discogs. Does that match your experience with the PP?

If you can get hold of a copy of the pure pleasure press I have that one, it wasn’t that expensive and sounds infinitely better to the fat possom al green presses. It isn’t on colour but meh!

Got this, same as Grandpa Joe, back in the day. Good value

I just meant if FP puts out a standard variant of the RS AAA version that VMP does, since it is a FP release. Otherwise I would certainly agree with you normally on FP releases, that's why I didn't pick up Still In Love With You.

Seen some reports about Tired of Being Alone sounding bad on Discogs. Does that match your experience with the PP?

Yeah AAA isn’t some kind of magical wand flick, I don’t trust them to press it either, nor VMP for that matter.

Honestly it’s been a while, I don’t remember having any complaint and the album as a whole is really good. I’d go back and spin it but a bit of my system is being mended so I’m not able to spin right now.

Yeah AAA isn’t some kind of magical wand flick, I don’t trust them to press it either, nor VMP for that matter.

Honestly it’s been a while, I don’t remember having any complaint and the album as a whole is really good. I’d go back and spin it but a bit of my system is being mended so I’m not able to spin right now.
I've had great albums cut at Sterling and pressed at GZ. Also had GZ screw stuff up, as well as Pallas. The label paying those places to cut/press has nothing to do with the quality imo. Certainly is important when choosing where to spend your money though.

All I said is it might be good after providing an easier way to get the copy you suggested to help anyone over here who wants it. I'm not trying to argue the PP is bad, or that one is/will be better than the other. Just laying out a possibility. Sorry if I gave you a negative impression.

Would this help you? It should also be cheap on the European Amazons.
Thanks mate! Strangely enough, there is no option to ship to Canada, which I've never seen before. But it's okay because I'm not going to get it either way but I was curious to see how much cheaper PP's might be ordering from Europe. The answer is none much cheaper.

Got this, same as Grandpa Joe, back in the day. Good value

Would this help you? It should also be cheap on the European Amazons.
Well shit. Count me in.

giphy.gif

Back