Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Yeah. Its not just that Im just hoping it includes Southern Rock, Americana, bluegrass, etc (I would personally be completely ok with 12 pure country releases a year), I really think it needs it to suceed. Country is just too (unfairly) maligned of a genre, including within the market that seems to buy vinyl.
Even some of the big name Country acts like Townes and Loretta have really struggled to sell. Pretty confounding that their sales data led them to think this was the way to go. I guess we’ll see if it comes to fruition. There hasn’t been anything official correct?

Even some of the big name Country acts like Townes and Loretta have really struggled to sell. Pretty confounding that their sales data led them to think this was the way to go. I guess we’ll see if it comes to fruition. There hasn’t been anything official correct?

Nope. Only teases on twitter, and awhile back they mentioned this as the likely next track many times. Obviously alot could have changed since them though

Its essentially music that is formed and influenced from the many different types of American Roots styled musics. Its pretty much the same thing as country except it is often played with a full band, more contemporary in style, and alot of the time with a more rock than twangy sound. Think Brandi Carlile, Jason Isbell, Lucinda Williams, Rhiannon Giddens, etc.

Its really, in my eyes, just one of the prevalent modern styles of Country music but it’s for some reason separated by people who don’t like mainstream Country music.
Ok, so it's basically artists who want to make country "cool" or "alternative" instead of a grassroots folk expression, right? In the end they may sound the same, but they feel like they are approaching the music from a more "artsy" angle.

Well, if they add a country track, I will probably sign up to use it primarily as a swap track.
Mmmmmm same! 😇

Yeah, honestly I think RHH will end up becoming this for me, despite having every release so far. Don’t think I can justify being on all three tracks indefinitely but those fire tracks RHH has are always sold out so quick that I cant risk dropping it 100%

i just have no idea how to use my credit since it seems its not coming yet (not until 5 o clock?) and im trying to get some fiona apple

I would be curious to see what they plan for a line up if they do some sorta Country/Roots VMP stream, but probably would only consider dipping in periodically.

Was reading a book the other day - 1973 Rock at the Crossroads - and in passing in the epilogue the author was equating modern country with being the new rock. That the Eagles have more influence on mainstream country today than any old school country like Cash, Lynn, Parton or Jennings does. I know so little about mainstream country I really can't say how much validity it has.

In other news, this was posted on Reddit and I don't see a discussion on this yet.
Looks like VMP sold a ton of the new "swap exclusives" (that don't exist anymore) to our shaddy buddy.
View attachment 59422
At this point, it's becoming hard to believe that they are not in some way working together on this to create FOMO
So glad my membership is up next month, I can't see myself renewing ever again at this point.

Vinceron himself has popped into the reddit thread now. He's going through the comments and insulting people & trolling.

Back