Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I knew the genre was popular in Australia but I wasn’t aware there was an Irish country scene.

It’s huge, Garth Brooks ia, well not their God because they’re all so incredibly catholic, but musical totem perhaps. It’s so bad that you’d think it was a parody if they weren’t so serious. It’s particularly strong in the rural areas of the west and midlands that don’t have a strong trad music tradition.

Everyone keeps naming male country singers, if they can do a country track and reissue a fair amount of albums from women in country music it might be worth something. My experience in trying to find country music I like is that I like women making country a lot more than men.

On that note, @NathanRicaud have you given Neko Case a chance?

Everyone keeps naming male country singers, if they can do a country track and reissue a fair amount of albums from women in country music it might be worth something. My experience in trying to find country music I like is that I like women making country a lot more than men.

On that note, @NathanRicaud have you given Neko Case a chance?

“Thrice All American” is about Tacoma! Also, South Tacoma Way is a street in Tacoma. I mean I loved Neko before I moved here but I love her even more now.

Up until 5 or so years ago I considered myself 'anti-country' And then I heard Sturgill Simpson which lead to Jason Isbell, Margo Price, Orville Peck, Kacey Musgraves, etc etc. I've since gone back to pick up albums from Loretta, Dolly, Townes, Willie, Johnny Cash. I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks!

Don't forget Nikki Lane!

also something i noticed on my account page

if you signed up with the 60 dollar discount price do you stay on it until you cancel.. because it says its going to reup to that price next after spiritualized

if you signed up with the 60 dollar discount price do you stay on it until you cancel.. because it says its going to reup to that price next after spiritualized
Reddit folks said they got charged full price when they auto re-upped the last time they did this deal.

So I rejoined for the last discount, and I though perhaps I had snuck into some type of deal when it renewed and they only charged me $54, but the next day they came back for the difference.

I’m not opposed to a country sub. Plenty of great stuff. Steve Earle, John Prine, George Jones, Tammy, Gram, Dolly, Lucinda Williams, Emmylou Harris, Terry Allen, Guy Clark, Townes, Dwight Yoakam, Carter Family, Roseanne Cash, Carlene Carter, Willie, Waylon, Johnny and Kris. You could fit in some Jerry Lee, Orbison, Wanda Jackson and Elvis in there. Hell even country albums by Elvis Costello, Nick Lowe, Neil Young, John Doe, Jonathan Richman. It could have great stuff in it. It’s a broad umbrella but with the right curation it could work really well. Now who’s curating it again?

I've actually been making a wish-list of things I would like to see for a country sub, but a lot of it seems like I can already get decent used copies for $5-10. Loretta, Emmylou, Gram, Charlie Pride, Barbra Mandrell, Porter Wagoner, Conway Twitty, Billy Joe Shaver, Merle Haggard, Waylon, Keith Whitley, Tanya Tucker...

I've actually been making a wish-list of things I would like to see for a country sub, but a lot of it seems like I can already get decent used copies for $5-10. Loretta, Emmylou, Gram, Charlie Pride, Barbra Mandrell, Porter Wagoner, Conway Twitty, Billy Joe Shaver, Merle Haggard, Waylon, Keith Whitley, Tanya Tucker...

That complaint will happen alot for this sub but the quality will be worth it. I bought 3 copies of coal miners daughter until getting a decent one that VMPs still blew away.

I got Tanya Tucker’s Debut Delta Dawn for $4 at my local. That girl can sing (and I mean girl she was 13 when it was recorded).

Back