Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Is this one an old image?

when_the_pawn_vinyl_store_800x.jpg

Just got the image url for bolt cutters and replaced the text with when the pawn:

Also, we do know the album cover will be different... at least that’s what Fiona mentioned in a recent interview, since she wasn’t happy with that photo that PTA took and had his permission to change it.

I’m fully expecting new cover art, and have been speculating that might have been one of the reasons for the holdup.

Edit:

Yep, new cover.

Correct!!!

Stream tonight. I didn't expect it would go this way, but my son has became a super fan during the quarantine. He gets excited about Tuesdays and is convinced that the music helps him win at Mario Kart Tour. It helps him at SORRY now, too, apparently.
Hahah. That’s awesome!! How old is he? The only way I can get mind to listen is by watching a stream. Sometimes he’s all about it but most of the time not.

I’m so thrilled over the 🌑 that we are going to be getting one of the best albums of the 90’s - Fiona Apple’s When The Pawn!🍎🍏

I am so excited to wake up early and grab a copy! Having a high quality pressing of this is going to be AMAZING!!! 💎🥰🙉🎯

I think VMP have been doing a wonderful job with their variety of exclusives as of late! So much gems they’ve been releasing and When The Pawn will be the peak of it! 💯🌈⭐

Little underwhelmed by the new album art. I get why it was changed, but still kind of wish it included the full title in all of its glory.

@TCell has a direct line to The Man himself.

I don’t get why it would have been changed, can somebody explain?

Hahah. That’s awesome!! How old is he? The only way I can get mind to listen is by watching a stream. Sometimes he’s all about it but most of the time not.

He's 8.

Right now, it's The Wipers or Phish. He's got fairly eclectic tastes -- Squarepusher, Arthur Russell, Aesop Rock, Eric Dolphy -- but I'm just surprised how quickly they are surpassing everything.

He's doing an air guitar solo right now.

Can someone explain the hype around When the Pawn... and Tidal, aside from the fact they'd never been pressed on vinyl?

I immediately clicked with Fetch the Bolt Cutters, but I find these earlier albums to be a lot less accessible.

I connected more to Idler Wheel, but for the opposite reason. The early stuff has a dated 90s production style in my opinion. They were trying to make her more accessible and it was all over MTV. When I finally saw her perform those songs live as more raw, stripped down versions, that's when she won me over.

When The Pawn is just something they've been teasing for the last 3 years. That's part of why it's become such a big deal, beyond needing a vinyl release and people simply enjoying it.

Last edited:
Can someone explain the hype around When the Pawn... and Tidal, aside from the fact they'd never been pressed on vinyl?

I immediately clicked with Fetch the Bolt Cutters, but I find these earlier albums to be a lot less accessible.
Strange take. Cool though! The introspective lyrics click with a lot of people, maybe a little more fleshed out, and the instrumentals are kinda quirky but really groovy, thanks to her piano work. In some ways Fetch the Boltcutters is what happens when she lets go of the need to tame and groom her own work, which has apparently not worked for some very visable people but works a charm for most. Do listen to The Idler Wheel if you haven't though; it's her first go at producing herself and bridges the gap between the first three albums and FtBC.

I connected more to Idler Wheel, but for the opposite reason. The early stuff has a dated 90s production style in my opinion. They were trying to make her more accessible and it was all over MTV. When I finally saw her perform those songs live as more raw, stripped down versions, that's when she won me over.

When The Pawn is just something they've been teasing for the last 3 years. That's part of why it's become such a big deal, beyond needing a vinyl release and people simply enjoying it.

Um, no.

Um no, what? Go read the Amazon reviews of everybody losing their shit over Idler wheel when it came out, referring to it as unlistenable It's not more accessible than something like Tidal. "First Taste" sounds like a Sade song. There's a reason they blasted her all over MTV in the 90s.

Or, are you explaining that my own experience with her is inaccurate? Don't post condescending shit to me

@bfly @feesrevenge

Worse speculators, VMP members or Phish phans?
gosh dang you for calling me back into the vmp threads :ROFLMAO:

oddly enough- today I received an email.

from VMP.

about the RHH add-on for a subscription I no longer have.

I had last used the add-on to buy El-P for another member in February, and last sub album of any kind was Blackalicious in March. checked my bank, was indeed charged. what the fuck?

I cancelled my annual sub when the old place closed down, but didn't bother asking for a refund and let it run out, occasionally adding an album on. got this email when it expired, and my membership page started looking like so-
Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 9.10.08 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 8.58.07 PM.png

but now I apparently exist in the ether with a $23 month-to-month RHH sub. these fuckers.

Apparently nothing for Extraordinary Machine yet. Which is fine, but now it'd be almost absurd to not do it. BUT, best not to get hopes up for no reason, it'll probably be another three years of rights navigation anyway.

Back