Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I'm still holding out hope for another Bespoke Post VMP box, but seeing those there makes me thing they're trying to diversify their sources in unloading their slow-sellers.
They’ve been on Huckberry, and likely bespoke post, since 2015. That huckberry partnership is what originally caught my eye back in the day.

one guess is one of the 3 country exclusives is dixie chicks new album

Hope so, I have it preordered at Bullmoose but would cancel.

Also really hoping for at least one reissue like Both Sides Now, Jolene, or Fist Cory. Three of my favorite exclusives they had and a hint of what Vinyl Me Pardner would have looked like if it actually happened

They’ve been on Huckberry, and likely bespoke post, since 2015. That huckberry partnership is what originally caught my eye back in the day.
That bespoke box was *chefs kiss*. Got quite a few great records in it...Even though they fucked everyone over with not giving referral credits. I had well over $800 of referral credits from people signing up with my link and they refused to give them to me.

Anyone starting to wonder if Acoustic Sounds might be acquiring VMP?

Think maybe Fiedler and the board reached their sell point?
I’d be surprised...I think it’s simply VMP looking for ways to sell off their back stock. I think Al Green and Ray Charles are the only two sold out titles sold elsewhere right now. Otherwise it’s mostly stuff they haven’t been able to move.

I’d be surprised...I think it’s simply VMP looking for ways to sell off their back stock. I think Al Green and Ray Charles are the only two sold out titles sold elsewhere right now. Otherwise it’s mostly stuff they haven’t been able to move.
But this comes on the heals of VMP offering AP titles (parent company is Acoustic Sounds) in their own webstore.

From Acoustic Sounds' perspective, I think it's a healthy additive revenue stream for them, and it diversifies their offerings. If they think they can A) reduce cost, B) scale, and C) minimize the issues caused by inexperience on VMP's side; it's a no brainier for them. Classics sub fits their current portfolio, is made at their in-house pressing plant, and the rest diversifies their offerings.

From VMP's stance, there's almost definitely been at least one key stakeholder shopping his/her shares around. I wouldn't be surprised if some are ready to cash out. And there's certainly interest - the subscription model makes sense for an industry like this.

Anyone starting to wonder if Acoustic Sounds might be acquiring VMP?

Think maybe Fiedler and the board reached their sell point?

Chad Kassem might get interested in buying the VMP inventory for Acoustic Sounds if the club ever goes out of business, but I doubt that he is interested in adding a record club to his Analogue Productions label.

Chad Kassem might get interested in buying the VMP inventory for Acoustic Sounds if the club ever goes out of business, but I doubt that he is interested in adding a record club to his Analogue Productions label.
I think he'd be a whole lot more interested if he heard that MoFi was considering their own subscription service...

There's benefits to the subscription model that make it attractive. It wouldn't be part of the AP label, it would be a separate brand under the Acoustic Sounds umbrella.

Back