Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I ended up swapping for The Time for Peace is Now, looks like a solid pick. There's low stock so if you're keen, now is a good time
Swapped my RHH for that one too. Streamed it over the weekend, it's pretty good.

For those who monitor every update to their order, for me both MadGibbs and Yusef Lateef changed from "Estimated shipping in early Oct." to "Ships with your next Record of the Month" so that's an encouraging sign.
That's cool I was a bit worried if I bought Yusef it would delay my entire shipment, I bought it anyway.

I ended up swapping for The Time for Peace is Now, looks like a solid pick. There's low stock so if you're keen, now is a good time

Just did the same. Celia and Johnny can wait til next month. Gospel will get a lot more spins for me than Salsa, but the completionist in me still had trouble making the swap :)

Just did the same. Celia and Johnny can wait til next month. Gospel will get a lot more spins for me than Salsa, but the completionist in me still had trouble making the swap :)

I got a sneaking suspicion you'll have plenty of opportunities in the months ahead to go back and pick up that Celia and Johnny if you really want it.

I know Celia and Johnny is getting a lot of passes, but it’s actually pretty solid. I’m not a listener of the salsa genre. But it kept me entertained throughout. Although I feel Quimbara goes on for too long and becomes repetitive. I like expanding my music tastes and $23 for a AAA add on is decent enough in my book that I went for it. I also liked Willie Bobo though. Willie wasn’t a slam dunk pick either, but it’s a nice, easy listen. I just wish some of the songs on it went longer. It seems once some really get going they’re over.

On the other hand, I couldn’t get into The Soft Bulletin enough to buy it. Wayne’s voice just messes up too many of the songs for me.

Edit: I forgot to add. It seems like Celia and Johnny also holds some historical importance too, which also tipped the scales for me.

Last edited:
1569950581934.png

Back