Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

So it was for a different order. But you made a good point, I think the payment was still processing and never occurred 🤷‍♂️

The way their payment system works is if they initiate the refund quickly enough, it appears as though it never went through to your card.

Last edited:
What the hell, are they claiming they're out of stock?
Nope, just not responding after the initial "Hey we will look into this for you" email. IG socials team was the most responsive, apologizing profusely and whatnot. However, the most they can do is kick it over to CS.

Nope, just not responding after the initial "Hey we will look into this for you" email. IG socials team was the most responsive, apologizing profusely and whatnot. However, the most they can do is kick it over to CS.
Did you try going through the web portal on the site as opposed to emailing in to info? I find that gets a quicker response...

• Cheers
Reactions: Tyr
Did you try going through the web portal on the site as opposed to emailing in to info? I find that gets a quicker response...
I did not. And to be honest, when I first reported the problem back in early December or whenever it was, they had disabled that option. At this point, I will not be attempting any more contact as it just isn't worth my time. Sure, I could reach out to the one or two people I still know personally at the company but I just do not wish to. Nor should I have to.

I know you're trying to help @Mather and I thank you for that. I'm just over the situation at this point. I have spent probably 5x-10x as much of my time as the original cost of the album. Its a NOPE from me, dawg. ;)

Just to add update to injury.....

I gave up on my copy of Fiona I ordered in late November. 3 months, 3 emails to CS, 6 back and forth convos with VMP’s social team (via IG) and I’m just done. I haven’t gotten the record and it’s now not even worth it to me anymore. What was it, like $27?

Not a good look. I had been a member since 2015 and was always one of their biggest champions in the early days. Oh well. Cest la vie.
I did not. And to be honest, when I first reported the problem back in early December or whenever it was, they had disabled that option. At this point, I will not be attempting any more contact as it just isn't worth my time. Sure, I could reach out to the one or two people I still know personally at the company but I just do not wish to. Nor should I have to.

I know you're trying to help @Mather and I thank you for that. I'm just over the situation at this point. I have spent probably 5x-10x as much of my time as the original cost of the album. Its a NOPE from me, dawg. ;)

@Tyr I was In the EXACT same scenario, had totally given up and emailed this week and got the replacements. It is worth a go. If you feel that other CS operatives might not listen maybe list your message FAO but I think it is worth a try.

@Tyr I was In the EXACT same scenario, had totally given up and emailed this week and got the replacements. It is worth a go. If you feel that other CS operatives might not listen maybe list your message FAO but I think it is worth a try.
To reiterate my situation: I only ever got resolution to all my long standing queries when Matt was personally involved. Worth a try.

Whats not true about it? Seems factual to me. The more music less stress part could be seen as false but I've had 0 stress with them.
I mean, most of the recent "exclusive" haven't been locked to members-only (regardless if advertised as such), and the past few months have brought more stress than buying a record should ever bring.

What's the general consensus for which of the Townes albums is best?
This one...
Completely agree here. I went on a BIG deep dive into TVZ's work around the time he was chosen as the ROTM. General I would go with 'Live at the Old Quarter, Houston, Texas', he seemed at his best live and this is honestly one of my favourite live albums now.

Out of the 2 VMP exclusives, I personally would go for the self-titled. 'Lungs' and 'For The Sake Of The Song' are 2 of his best songs IMO (the live version of 'Lungs' on the 'Live at the Old Quarter, Houston, Texas' is superb). I bought the 'Our Mother The Mountain' VMP Exclusive and think its fantastic, really good pressing IMO with absolutely no muddiness to it.

If you reallllly want to go on a deep dive I really recommend the biography by John Kruth. Its a big brick of a book which begins quite heavy with his family background, but soon changes to fantastic anecdotes and stories. He led a painfully tragic life and his songs certainly have a greater emphasis on me after reading up on him. Heres a link to the book (im sure you could get a second hand copy on ebay). https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lives-Fly-Ballad-Great-Townes/dp/0306816040

Completely agree here. I went on a BIG deep dive into TVZ's work around the time he was chosen as the ROTM. General I would go with 'Live at the Old Quarter, Houston, Texas', he seemed at his best live and this is honestly one of my favourite live albums now.

Out of the 2 VMP exclusives, I personally would go for the self-titled. 'Lungs' and 'For The Sake Of The Song' are 2 of his best songs IMO (the live version of 'Lungs' on the 'Live at the Old Quarter, Houston, Texas' is superb). I bought the 'Our Mother The Mountain' VMP Exclusive and think its fantastic, really good pressing IMO with absolutely no muddiness to it.

If you reallllly want to go on a deep dive I really recommend the biography by John Kruth. Its a big brick of a book which begins quite heavy with his family background, but soon changes to fantastic anecdotes and stories. He led a painfully tragic life and his songs certainly have a greater emphasis on me after reading up on him. Heres a link to the book (im sure you could get a second hand copy on ebay). To Live's to Fly: The Ballad of the Late, Great Townes Van Zandt: Amazon.co.uk: John Kruth: 9780306816048: Books
I actually just watched a pretty good documentary about Townes last night.. here it is if anyone's interested.

Finally cancelled. I could be baited back, but there’s still nothing holding me in loyalty wise, and when the picks don’t really do it for me I had to think long and hard about spending the $30 every month. I’m honestly sad to let it go, but they really haven’t done enough as a club, and seeing all these CS issues makes me feel like I’ve used up my 9 lives with them.

Back